|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sally Boone call Catherine?
(a) To invite her to the wedding.
(b) To schedule her next appointment.
(c) To ask her to lunch.
(d) To offer condolences.
2. What does Catherine dislike doing that is a sure-fire paper seller for the Gazette?
(a) Writing about children's birthdays.
(b) Fact checking her information.
(c) Writing a social commentary piece.
(d) Including wedding photos.
3. Why does Catherine go to the typesetter's desk?
(a) To find a picture.
(b) To read Tom's story.
(c) To see if she knows anything about Randall.
(d) To retract an article she wrote.
4. Whose number was at the top of Tom's phone list?
(a) His mother's.
(d) Sheriff Galton's.
5. Why did Catherine call at the front door of the Perkins' house instead of the back door?
(a) The back was blocked by bushes.
(b) She saw someone in the front.
(c) It was closer.
(d) To be formal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Catherine realize about the dog she saw at the beginning of the novel?
2. What is Randall's job at the Gazette?
3. What is the name of Sally Boone's baby?
4. What does Catherine pass on her way to the tenant shack at the beginning of the novel?
5. Where did Martin Barnes come to see Catherine?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)