|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following does NOT describe Tom?
(a) A reporter at the newspaper.
(b) Clean shaven.
(c) Catherine's neighbor.
(d) Long lean frame.
2. What does Catherine compare the town's reaction to her discovery of Leona's body to?
(a) Her leaving home for school.
(b) Having a new baby.
(c) A death in her family.
3. What is the name of the "village idiot" of Lowfield?
(a) Critter Jones.
(b) Cracker Thompson.
(c) Sal Carson.
(d) Jerry Samson.
4. What day of the week is it when Catherine wakes up the morning after finding the dead body?
5. What does the sheriff tell the dispatcher to call enough men for?
(a) To guard Catherine's house.
(b) A game of basketball.
(c) A coroner's jury.
(d) To work on his house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Catherine initially decide to go over to the Perkins' house?
2. What does Catherine point out to Tom in his house that connects to part of hers?
3. What is the dispatcher doing as Catherine enters the sheriff's office?
4. What does Catherine threaten Mrs. Barnes with if she repeats her suspicions to anyone else?
5. What is Randall's mother's name?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)