|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the pressman at the Gazette?
(a) Salton Sims.
(b) Tom Mascalco.
(c) Carl Perkins.
(d) Randall Gerrard.
2. What is Catherine able to tell just by looking at the cotton?
(a) It would make a sad crop.
(b) It was being picked prematurely.
(c) It would provide a plentiful crop.
(d) It hadn't been tended to properly.
3. What does Molly Perkins bring to Catherine's house?
(c) Apple pie.
(d) Fried chicken.
4. Who does Catherine tell the sheriff she saw on her way out to the tenant shack?
(a) Martin Barnes.
(b) Carl Perkins.
(c) Betty Eakins.
(d) Tom Mascalco.
5. What does Catherine threaten Mrs. Barnes with if she repeats her suspicions to anyone else?
(a) Not publishing her granddaughter's photo.
(b) A lawsuit.
(c) A fight.
(d) Taking back her grandfather's land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day did Catherine tell Carl Perkins are busy days at the Gazette?
2. What job did Catherine ask Leona if she had applied for?
3. Why did Catherine call at the front door of the Perkins' house instead of the back door?
4. According to Catherine, when was the last time she spoke to Leona before her death?
5. What did Catherine's mother teach her?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)