|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened when Molly spilled coffee on Carl's hand?
(a) He screamed.
(b) He yelled at her.
(c) He winced.
(d) He did not react.
2. What item from her father's office does Catherine tell the sheriff she did not sell to Jerry Selforth?
(a) Examination tools.
(b) Filing cabinets.
(c) A desk.
(d) Medical books.
3. What does Catherine point out to Tom in his house that connects to part of hers?
(a) A sidewalk.
(b) A buzzer.
(c) A secret passageway.
(d) A telephone.
4. Who is Catherine?
(a) The heroine of the novel.
(b) The author of the book.
(c) The main character's mother.
(d) A minor character in the novel.
5. What does Catherine find in the tenant shack?
(a) A dead body.
(b) A sick farmer.
(d) Freshly baked pies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What day is the Gazette printed?
2. What does Catherine do at the end of Chapter 1 that enables her steady her nerves?
3. Who are Catherine's neighbors?
4. After Catherine tells the sheriff about her discovery, which of the following does he NOT offer her?
5. Why did Catherine feel obligated to be kind to the new doctor in Lowfield?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)