|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What item from her father's office does Catherine tell the sheriff she did not sell to Jerry Selforth?
(a) A desk.
(b) Examination tools.
(c) Medical books.
(d) Filing cabinets.
2. What does Catherine point out to Tom in his house that connects to part of hers?
(a) A buzzer.
(b) A sidewalk.
(c) A secret passageway.
(d) A telephone.
3. Who is Randall Gerrard?
(a) Betty's husband.
(b) Tom's brother.
(c) Catherine's boss.
(d) Mary Jane's boyfriend.
4. What does Catherine pass on her way to the tenant shack at the beginning of the novel?
(a) A dead squirrel.
(b) A strawberry farm.
(c) A farmer.
(d) A dead dog.
5. After Catherine tells the sheriff about her discovery, which of the following does he NOT offer her?
(a) A ride home.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A tranquilizer.
(d) A drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Catherine wearing when she learned about the death of her parents?
2. What is the name of the receptionist at the Lowfield Gazette?
3. What is the name of Sally Boone's baby?
4. Why did Tom ask Catherine for a beer?
5. What is Catherine doing out at the tenant shack?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)