|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Catherine able to tell just by looking at the cotton?
(a) It was being picked prematurely.
(b) It would make a sad crop.
(c) It hadn't been tended to properly.
(d) It would provide a plentiful crop.
2. What does Catherine find in the tenant shack?
(b) Freshly baked pies.
(c) A sick farmer.
(d) A dead body.
3. After Catherine tells the sheriff about her discovery, which of the following does he NOT offer her?
(a) A drink.
(b) A ride home.
(c) A cigarette.
(d) A tranquilizer.
4. Who does the dispatcher call in while Catherine is in the sheriff's office?
(a) The deputies.
(b) The doctor.
(c) The FBI.
(d) Her mother.
5. Where is the sheriff's office located?
(a) Outside of town.
(b) Near Catherine's house.
(c) Next to the post office.
(d) In front of the old jail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of tree does Catherine park her car under at the tenant shack?
2. What is the name of the dispatcher at the sheriff's office?
3. What does the sheriff tell the dispatcher to call enough men for?
4. What does Catherine assume about the woman whose body she discovered because of the location?
5. Where does Tom live?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)