|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Betty?
(a) Catherine's parents' retired maid.
(b) Catherine's best friend.
(c) The town librarian.
(d) Carl Perkins' mother-in-law.
2. What type of book is Catherine halfway through when the murder takes place?
(a) A romance novel.
(b) A book of short stories.
(c) A murder mystery.
(d) A poetry book.
3. What is the name of the "village idiot" of Lowfield?
(a) Jerry Samson.
(b) Sal Carson.
(c) Critter Jones.
(d) Cracker Thompson.
4. Whose number was at the top of Tom's phone list?
(b) Sheriff Galton's.
(d) His mother's.
5. Who is Randall Gerrard?
(a) Betty's husband.
(b) Mary Jane's boyfriend.
(c) Tom's brother.
(d) Catherine's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the doctor whose popular column appears in the Lowfield Gazette each week?
2. Why does Tom call Catherine early in the morning on Tuesday?
3. Why did Tom ask Catherine for a beer?
4. Who lived in Catherine's house before her parents?
5. What did Catherine call her father's nurse as a child?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)