|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Jason call Chris at the end of their conversation about college?
2. What crime does Tracey ask Oscar how to commit without getting caught?
(a) Murdering her boss.
(b) Robbing a bank.
(c) Burning down a factory.
(d) Burning down her own house.
3. Who is the bartender at the bar that serves as main setting within the play's narrative?
4. What does Chris say he had expected Jason to do when Jason saw Chris walking quickly toward him?
(a) Run toward Chris.
(b) Put up his fists.
(c) Turn away.
(d) Walk away.
5. How many generations of Stan's family have worked at Olstead's?
Short Answer Questions
1. For how many years have Chris and Jason been imprisoned by the later of the two eras depicted in the play?
2. What ethnicity is Brucie?
3. What adjective does Brucie use to describe how Chris has always been?
4. In what decade of life is Brucie in the year 2000?
5. When the bartender takes Jessie's keys away, where does he put them?
Short Essay Questions
1. Characterize Evan's methods of performing his job as a parole officer.
2. What does Chris mean when he says, "A man gotta have one vice that keeps him hungry" (30), and how is his choice of vice different from his father Brucie's?
3. What qualities does Stan believe that a good leader must exhibit?
4. How does invisibility play a role in Act 2, Scenes 1 and 2?
5. In the earlier of the two eras depicted in the play, what are the differences between Chris's ambitions and Jason's ambitions?
6. What is the author's purpose in using Tracey's character to express racist views directly to Oscar, rather than using a character like Jessie?
7. How is the theme of being trapped contained within Stan's advice to Chris about his job at Olstead's and about college?
8. How is irony present in Jason's complaint when he says, "Fucking union got all our money tied up in benefits and shit, don't have nothing left for fun" (29)?
9. What event causes the first rift within Chris's and Jason's friendship in February of 2000?
10. How do Jason and Chris view travel differently during the earlier of the two eras depicted in the play?
This section contains 1,310 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)