|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Cynthia recalls how Jessie had looked when they first met, what folk singer does she say Jessie looked like?
(a) Bob Dylan.
(b) Joni Mitchell.
(c) Sandy Denny.
(d) Judy Collins.
2. When Cynthia apologizes to Chris for not visiting him in prison as of late, for how long does she say she went without a visit to see him?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 6 months.
3. What question does Chris enjoy asking Stan every time he comes in, though he knows the answer?
(a) What the latest news is.
(b) Whether he has hired a pretty bartender yet.
(c) How his leg is feeling.
(d) What kind of beer he has on tap.
4. Cynthia tells Tracey not to think that just because she "went upstairs" (59) that she "can't see [something] on the floor" (50). What does she say she can still see on the floor?
5. What nationality is Tracey's grandfather?
6. What does Cynthia say she used to let slip out onto the counter while she was shopping so that other people could see it?
(a) Her American Express card.
(b) Her medical card.
(c) Her union card.
(d) Her wad of cash.
7. For what items did Jessie collect Green Stamps for a whole year in her youth?
(a) Sunglasses and a designer purse.
(b) A plane ticket to India and the passport fee.
(c) A backpack and a tent.
(d) A car and a fur coat.
8. What item does Oscar produce in order to prove to Tracey that Olstead's is advertising employment opportunities?
(a) A flyer.
(b) A phone number.
(c) A business card.
(d) A job application.
9. What does Cynthia tell Tracey to do if she has a problem with Cynthia?
(a) Consider them to be strangers from now on.
(b) Tell her.
(c) Stop hanging out with her.
(d) Complain to the boss.
10. Who is the president of the union at Olstead's?
11. Why has Cynthia had to move to a different residence during the time Chris has been in prison?
(a) Brucie had been stalking her.
(b) The house had been sold.
(c) She had fallen behind on mortgage payments.
(d) The house had been infested with dangerous black mold.
12. For what action does Tracey suggest that the Olstead bosses get rewarded with tax breaks?
(a) Hiring minorities.
(b) Using clean energy.
(c) Laying off workers.
(d) Providing safety training.
13. After Tracey saw in Oscar's possession a Spanish flyer advertising employment at Olstead's, where did she see more of the same fliers?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the gas station.
(c) At the union office.
(d) At the unemployment office.
14. What advice does Cynthia offer to Jessie and Tracey regarding the contract negotiations?
(a) Give the union president time.
(b) Take the deal.
(c) Hold out for more money.
(d) Hold out for better benefits.
15. How long does Jessie say she had thought Cynthia would last at Olstead's when she had first started working there?
(a) Less than a season.
(b) Less than a week.
(c) Less than a day.
(d) Less than a month.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Brucie tells Chris that he has options, what does he say about school?
2. In what county does Oscar tell Tracey he was born, much to her surprise?
3. What metaphor does Jessie use when describing how meeting her future husband and getting into the groove of working at the factory had caused her life to stagnate?
4. In addition to some supermarket vouchers, what else does Tracey say they had offered her at the union office when she went in?
5. On her birthday, where does Cynthia tell Stan she would like to be?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)