|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does Act 1, Scene 1 take place?
2. What physical ailment does the bartender have when we first meet him in Act 1, Scene 2?
(a) He is blind in one eye.
(b) He is hard of hearing.
(c) He has a pronounced limp.
(d) He has a prosthetic leg.
3. What type of pet does Jason have that he says Father Hunt at the homeless shelter allows him to keep?
4. How many generations of Stan's family have worked at Olstead's?
5. What kind of shop does Jason say he plans to open once he retires from Olstead's?
(b) Dunkin' Donuts.
(c) Kentucky Fried Chicken.
6. Who has moved away from Reading, Pennsylvania in order to open a bed-and-breakfast?
7. What store's window is Chris looking into when he encounters Jason for the first time since their release from prison?
(a) Sneaker City.
(b) Sneaker Town.
(c) Sneaker Den.
(d) Sneaker Villa.
8. What ethnicity is Oscar?
9. What ethnicity is Brucie?
10. Which Democratic candidate does Brucie say he supports for the upcoming 2000 presidential primary?
11. For how many years did Stan work at Olstead's before he was injured?
12. What record-breaking event does the playwright indicate has just happened at the start of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Reading, Pennsylvania is experiencing a heatwave that is breaking temperature records.
(b) A record number of students of color have been enrolled in fall courses at Penn State.
(c) The Dow Jones Industrial Average has fallen by a record-breaking amount.
(d) A record number of state employees in Pennsylvania have been laid off.
13. For how many years have Chris and Jason been imprisoned by the later of the two eras depicted in the play?
14. What does Stan say is at the core of everything?
(b) Human decency.
15. When Chris and Jason encounter each other for the first time since their release from prison, what action do they take?
(a) They curse at one another.
(b) They hug one another.
(c) They glare at one another and part.
(d) They punch one another.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brucie show Cynthia in order to prove he is in a treatment program?
2. What is the name of the owner of the bar that acts as a main setting within the play?
3. What song is used to indicate the earlier of the two eras in which the play's narrative takes place?
4. What word does Chris use to describe the crime that he and Jason committed?
5. Who does Jessie threaten to beat up during Act 1, Scene 2?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)