|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act One, Scenes 5-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tracey tell Brucie are his two choices regarding his marriage to Cynthia?
(a) Move out or commit.
(b) Go to school or get a job.
(c) Get clean or get lost.
(d) Get sober or get out.
2. What gesture does Cynthia make in order to refer to race when she is telling Tracey not to make their argument about racial issues?
(a) She points to Tracey's face.
(b) She points to Tracey's hand.
(c) She points to her own face.
(d) She points to her own hand.
3. What crime does Tracey ask Oscar how to commit without getting caught?
(a) Murdering her boss.
(b) Burning down a factory.
(c) Burning down her own house.
(d) Robbing a bank.
4. At what kind of factory does Brucie work?
(a) A shoe factory.
(b) A textile mill.
(c) A lumber mill.
(d) A rock quarry.
5. When Cynthia asks Tracey where she heard that Olstead would be engaging in lay-offs, where does Tracey say she heard the news?
(a) At the salon.
(b) From Oscar.
(c) At a business meeting.
(d) From a little bird.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the bartender at the bar that serves as main setting within the play's narrative?
2. For how many years has Cynthia worked on the factory floor before she applies for the management position?
3. What product does the Olstead plant produce?
4. What name does Jason call Chris at the end of their conversation about college?
5. In what county does Oscar tell Tracey he was born, much to her surprise?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)