|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act Two, Scenes 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years younger does Stan say he would have to be in order to work on an oil rig himself?
2. What metaphor does Jessie use when describing how meeting her future husband and getting into the groove of working at the factory had caused her life to stagnate?
(a) She got stuck in the chewing gum.
(b) She got caught in the riptide.
(c) She got stuck in the eddies and whirlpools.
(d) She got caught in the tornado.
3. When Cynthia is talking to Stan for the first time since the factory lock-out, how long does she say it has been since she has slept?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) A week.
(c) Two days.
(d) Three days.
4. What simile does Jason use to describe Reading High School?
(a) Like a zoo.
(b) Like a ghost town.
(c) Like a prison yard.
(d) Like a circus.
5. What does Brucie show Cynthia in order to prove he is in a treatment program?
(a) A note from his parole officer.
(b) A letter from a doctor.
(c) A sobriety coin.
(d) A flyer about a treatment program.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Cynthia apologizes to Chris for not visiting him in prison as of late, for how long does she say she went without a visit to see him?
2. Where does Brucie say he had been when anxiety made him freeze up?
3. How long does Jessie say she had expected to work at Olstead's when she had first started?
4. What do the managers at Olstead's do in order to create an opportunity for contract renegotiation?
5. Why has Cynthia had to move to a different residence during the time Chris has been in prison?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)