|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who introduced Swann to the Verdurins?
2. What did Swann ask Odette when he confronted her after being rejected?
(a) Do you love me?
(b) Are you dying?
(c) Do you have women lovers?
(d) Do you regret refusing me?
3. What did Swann realize after watching Odette in the rain one night?
(a) She was not worth his time.
(b) He was looking at the wrong window.
(c) He was at the wrong bar.
(d) It was not Odette he was watching.
4. What was the name of Gilberte's mother?
5. What did the narrator realize when Gilberte stopped playing with him?
(a) He put more importance on the friendship than she did.
(b) She got scared away by his eagerness.
(c) He had never really loved her, just the idea of her.
(d) She had been told to avoid him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Swann feel when he was rejected by Swann?
2. What did the Verdurins call their group of friends?
3. How did Odette get Swann to love her?
4. What does the narrator think of when describing Balbec?
5. What does the narrator worry about when considering travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Odette begin to avoid Swann?
2. How does the narrator say he wants to travel?
3. What did Swann do after Odette rejected him?
4. What kind of relationship did the narrator imagine existed between him and Gilberte?
5. What was interesting about Gilberte knowing Swann's name?
6. What does the narrator compare his style of living to?
7. What was the narrator doing when he fell in love with Gilberte?
8. What caused Swann to want to propose to Odette?
9. What did Swann realize after standing in the rain watching Odette one night?
10. What did Odette ask for that Swann refused to give to her?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)