|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say ruined much of his travels?
2. How does the narrator describe the history of Balbec?
3. What did Swann refuse to give Odette after he watched her in the rain?
(d) A kiss.
4. How did Swann spend his time in Paris?
(a) Seducing women.
(b) All of these.
(c) Attending the opera.
(d) Going to dinner.
5. What drove the narrator's family crazy when he fell for Gilberte?
(a) His questions about her family.
(b) His brooding over her.
(c) His drawings of her hanging around the house.
(d) His long walks through the park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of person did Swann stop seeing after he was rejected by Odette?
2. What did the narrator do in hopes of seeing Gilberte after she stopped playing with him?
3. What did Swann realize after watching Odette in the rain one night?
4. To what does the narrator compare the places he traveled to?
5. How does the narrator want to travel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Francoise become the narrator's governess?
2. What does the narrator not like about traveling?
3. What was the narrator doing when he fell in love with Gilberte?
4. What caused Swann to fall in love with Odette?
5. Why did the narrator think his life mirrored Swann's life?
6. How does the novel end?
7. What did Swann realize after standing in the rain watching Odette one night?
8. How does the narrator describe the way he fell in love?
9. What was Swann doing with his life before he met Odette?
10. How does the narrator say he wants to travel?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)