|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the history of Balbec?
2. Who introduced Swann to the Verdurins?
3. What became Swann's first priority after being rejected by Odette?
(a) His health.
(b) Getting her back.
(c) His social standing.
(d) His wealth.
4. Where does the narrator want to travel?
(b) The world.
(d) All of Europe.
5. Where did Swann meet Odette?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Swann when he stood in the rain watching Odette?
2. Where did the narrator see Gilberte for the second time?
3. What does the narrator want to taste in different places?
4. What did the Verdurins like to observe?
5. What makes the narrator feel life and pleasure?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Swann ask Odette after he stood in the rain watching her one night?
2. How does the narrator say he wants to travel?
3. What does the narrator compare his style of living to?
4. Who were the Verdurins and what did they do?
5. How did Francoise become the narrator's governess?
6. How does the novel end?
7. Why does the narrator say he prefers his dreams to reality?
8. What caused Swann to fall in love with Odette?
9. What caused Swann to want to propose to Odette?
10. How does the narrator describe the way he fell in love?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)