|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the narrator's family visit in Combray?
(a) Uncle Adolphe.
(b) Great Aunt.
(d) Cousin William.
2. What season did the main character's family take vacations?
3. What kind of surroundings were near the vacation home of the main character?
(c) Large city.
4. What is Swann's first name?
5. How did the main character describe Swann?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the narrator forbidden from seeing someone in Combray?
2. How did the narrator feel when he was in Combray?
3. How did the narrator feel about Charles' daughter?
4. Who did the main character say was a shadow of his mother?
5. How did the narrator describe his walks through Combray?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was the way Grandmother treated Charles Swann so ironic?
2. Why did the narrator like Combray more than Paris?
3. Who was Eulalie, and what did she do for the narrator's family?
4. What happened one night when the narrator sent a note that he needed his mother?
5. What did the narrator start doing after first meeting Gilberte Swann?
6. How did the narrator fill his days in Combray?
7. What does this book consist of?
8. Why did the narrator hate to have house guests when he was a child?
9. What did Charles do when he saw the narrator reading one day?
10. What dreams were recurring to the narrator as a child?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)