|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the family member in Combray suffer from?
(c) Imaginary ailments.
(d) A venerial disease.
2. What was the main character dreaming of at the beginning of the book?
(a) His home.
(b) His mother.
3. Who did the main character send a note to about needing his mother?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) The house guest.
(c) His sister.
(d) His father.
4. Who did the narrator walk with in Combray?
(a) His cousin.
(b) His great aunt.
(c) His mother.
(d) His father.
5. What is the main character in this book called?
(a) The Main Character.
(b) The Boy.
(c) The Narrator.
(d) The Hero.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lived with the family member of the narrator in Combray?
2. How did the narrator meet Eulalie?
3. What did the main character wonder about when he was sleeping at the beginning of the book?
4. Where did the main character grow up?
5. What kept the owner of the house in Combray stranded in the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the narrator very protective of as a young boy?
2. What did the narrator start doing after first meeting Gilberte Swann?
3. What did Great Aunt do when she did not have any visitors?
4. How did the narrator differ from other boys his age?
5. What did the narrator say Uncle Adolphe was overcome by?
6. What caused Charles Swann to be unwelcome in the narrator's home?
7. What did the narrator want to be when he grew up and why?
8. What did Charles do when he saw the narrator reading one day?
9. What did the narrator do after reading one book by Bergotte?
10. What does this book consist of?
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)