|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the main character in this book called?
(a) The Hero.
(b) The Boy.
(c) The Main Character.
(d) The Narrator.
2. What were all the streets in Combray named after?
3. What was most precious to the main character about his mother?
(a) Her face.
(b) Her scent.
(c) Her kisses.
(d) Her kind words.
4. Who introduced Swann to the main character's family?
5. Who did the main character miss while he slept?
(a) All of these.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main character's uncle's name?
2. What calmed the main character's nighttime fears as a child?
3. What did the narrator compare works of art to in Combray?
4. Who did the narrator's family visit in Combray?
5. What did the narrator's aunt do during her days in Combray?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the streets in Combray named after?
2. What did the narrator look at when he began studying art?
3. What did the main character hate about going to bed as a boy?
4. What caused Charles Swann to be unwelcome in the narrator's home?
5. What was intriguing to the narrator about Charles Swann?
6. Why was Great Aunt always happy when the narrator's family would visit her?
7. What does this book consist of?
8. What dreams were recurring to the narrator as a child?
9. Why was the way Grandmother treated Charles Swann so ironic?
10. What did the narrator start doing after first meeting Gilberte Swann?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)