|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Swann's feeling for Odette remind the narrator of?
(a) His father.
(b) His Uncle.
(c) His grandmother.
2. What was Odette's occupation?
3. What did Swann give Odette, hoping to get her back?
(a) A poem.
(d) A train ticket.
4. What did the narrator say left his life when Gilberte stopped playing with him?
5. Who passed away while the narrator was a young boy?
(b) Cousin William.
(c) Great Aunt.
(d) Uncle Adolphe.
6. How does the narrator describe his governess?
7. What surprises the narrator when he discusses Balbec?
(a) They had stayed at the same place.
(b) The memories are so different.
(c) She had hated her time there.
(d) He has never been there.
8. What did Swann ask Odette when he confronted her after being rejected?
(a) Do you regret refusing me?
(b) Are you dying?
(c) Do you have women lovers?
(d) Do you love me?
9. How did Swann feel about Odette when they first met?
(a) He did not like her.
(b) He was afraid of her.
(c) He was indifferent towards her.
(d) He was enamored with her.
10. What does the narrator say ruined much of his travels?
11. What suffered for Swann after he was rejected by Odette?
(a) His appearance.
(b) His health.
(c) His social standing.
(d) His wealth.
12. How does the narrator describe his life at the time of the death of a family member?
(d) Nerve wracking.
13. What obsessed Swann about Odette after she rejected him?
(a) Her looks.
(b) Her behavior.
(c) All of these.
(d) Her thoughts.
14. Why did Odette ask for something after Swann watched her in the rain?
(a) She wanted to say goodbye.
(b) She wanted to move away.
(c) She wanted him back.
(d) She wanted to take a trip alone.
15. What senses remind the narrator of dreams?
(a) Touch and smell.
(b) Sound and sight.
(c) Sight and smell.
(d) Touch and taste.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think towns should live up to?
2. Who stopped liking Swann after Odette rejected him?
3. Where is the narrator when he is writing about Balbec?
4. What did the narrator realize when Gilberte stopped playing with him?
5. What did Swann concentrate on when Odette rejected him?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)