|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say ruined much of his travels?
2. Why does the narrator prefer his dreams to reality?
(a) The dreams were safer.
(b) The dreams were private.
(c) The dreams were more beautiful.
(d) All of these.
3. How did Odette get Swann to love her?
(a) She wooed him.
(b) She wore nice clothing.
(c) She pretended to like what he liked.
(d) She insulted him.
4. How did Swann feel when he was rejected by Swann?
(a) He was devastated.
(b) He was indifferent.
(c) He was relieved.
(d) He was angry.
5. What did the narrator do in hopes of seeing Gilberte after she stopped playing with him?
(a) Sent letters.
(b) Went to her house.
(c) Attended parties.
(d) Changed the routes of his walks.
6. Who did Swann's feeling for women before he met Odette remind the narrator of?
(a) His father.
(b) His grandmother.
(d) His Uncle.
7. How did Swann spend his time in Paris?
(a) Attending the opera.
(b) Seducing women.
(c) Going to dinner.
(d) All of these.
8. What did Swann try to avoid after being rejected by Odette?
(a) Her judgment.
(b) His heart ache.
(c) His wounded ego.
(d) Her wrath.
9. What kind of person did Swann stop seeing after he was rejected by Odette?
(b) Wealthy people.
(c) Poor people.
10. Who did the narrator sometimes see when he made efforts to meet Gilberte when she stopped playing with him?
11. How did Swann feel about Odette when they first met?
(a) He was afraid of her.
(b) He did not like her.
(c) He was enamored with her.
(d) He was indifferent towards her.
12. What does the narrator want to taste in different places?
13. Why did Odette ask for something after Swann watched her in the rain?
(a) She wanted him back.
(b) She wanted to take a trip alone.
(c) She wanted to move away.
(d) She wanted to say goodbye.
14. What will the narrator have to abandon to travel the way he wants?
(a) His routine.
(b) His life path.
(c) His family.
(d) His career.
15. Who invited the narrator to join the group that Gilberte was in?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the narrator want to plan his travels?
2. How did the narrator learn all he could about Gilberte?
3. What did Odette do from time to time after she rejected Swann?
4. Who did Swann's feeling for Odette remind the narrator of?
5. What surprises the narrator when he discusses Balbec?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)