|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Place-Names: The Name.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did the narrator see Gilberte for the second time?
(a) In a museum.
(b) In a market.
(c) A park.
(d) By a river.
2. Who did Odette mostly work for?
(a) Poor farmers.
(b) Older gentlemen.
3. What does the author say had a deep impact on reality?
(b) Past experiences.
(c) All of these.
4. What did the narrator do in hopes of seeing Gilberte after she stopped playing with him?
(a) Went to her house.
(b) Changed the routes of his walks.
(c) Sent letters.
(d) Attended parties.
5. How does the narrator want to plan his travels?
(a) He wants his mother's ghost to lead him.
(b) He wants women to tell him where to go.
(c) He wants the train to take him where it will.
(d) He wants to drift at sea until ports are found.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the narrator describe his walks through Combray?
2. What was a huge joke with the narrator's parents in Combray?
3. Who was the narrator's favorite author?
4. What surprises the narrator when he discusses Balbec?
5. What was different on Saturdays in Combray than the other days?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)