|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Place-Names: The Name.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Swann concentrate on when Odette rejected him?
(a) Making her jealous.
(b) Relaxing his mind.
(c) Getting her back.
(d) Making more money.
2. Why was the narrator forbidden from seeing someone in Combray?
(a) He had courtesans at his home.
(b) She was not worthy to marry.
(c) She was known to be engaged.
(d) He was a heavy drinker.
3. How does the narrator describe his life at the time of the death of a family member?
(c) Nerve wracking.
4. What did the main character say he was surrounded by as a child?
5. What did Swann send to Odette after he was rejected?
(a) The gifts she gave him.
(b) Some of her belongings.
(c) A portrait of her.
(d) Money and gifts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator think of when describing Balbec?
2. What country is Combray in?
3. Who introduced Swann to the Verdurins?
4. How did the narrator feel when he was in Paris?
5. What about the main character was easily bruised as a child?
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)