|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Place-Names: The Name.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the narrator travel to get to Combray?
2. How did the main character meet Swann?
(a) He was his father's employer.
(b) He was a family friend.
(c) He was his father's employee.
(d) He was an uncle.
3. How did the narrator feel about Combray?
(a) He loved it.
(b) He endured it.
(c) He hated it.
(d) He was afraid of it.
4. How did the narrator feel when he was in Paris?
5. To what does the narrator compare the places he traveled to?
(a) The descriptions in books.
(b) The paintings of those places.
(c) His mental images.
(d) The descriptions from others.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the head maid at the house on Combray?
2. What caused Swann to stop coming by the main character's house?
3. How did the main character think bedrooms were supposed to feel?
4. Who lived with the family member of the narrator in Combray?
5. How did Swann spend his time in Paris?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)