|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Place-Names: The Name.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the main character miss while he slept?
(a) His mother.
(b) His sister.
(c) His father.
(d) All of these.
2. Where did Swann meet Odette?
3. Who hired spies to follow Odette?
(a) Uncle Adolphe.
(c) Her lover after Swann.
(d) The Verdurins.
4. Why was the narrator forbidden from seeing someone in Combray?
(a) He had courtesans at his home.
(b) She was known to be engaged.
(c) He was a heavy drinker.
(d) She was not worthy to marry.
5. What was the main character protective of as a young boy?
(a) His clothing.
(b) His family.
(c) His identity.
(d) His money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a huge joke with the narrator's parents in Combray?
2. What kind of friends did the Verdurins like to have?
3. What did the narrator start doing after he met Charles' daughter?
4. How did the narrator feel when he was in Combray?
5. What did the main character wonder about when he was sleeping at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)