|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Swann In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the main character do as an adult when he can't sleep?
(a) Writes in his journal.
(b) Thinks of all the places he has been.
(c) Walks the streets.
(d) Drinks some whiskey.
2. Where would the main character listen to something he loved as a child?
(a) His home.
(b) His grandmother's house.
(c) The church.
(d) The train depot.
3. What kind of dreams did the main character have about women when he was a child?
(a) Transcendant dreams.
(c) Sexual dreams.
4. What did Odette invite Swann to when they first met?
(a) The theater.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A dinner party.
(d) The ballet.
5. What were Swann's visits to the main character's family a source of?
(d) All of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Swann spend his time in Paris?
2. Why did Odette keep limited contact with Swann after she rejected him?
3. Who lived with the family member of the narrator in Combray?
4. What did Odette do from time to time after she rejected Swann?
5. Why did Odette ask for something after Swann watched her in the rain?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)