|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Swann In Love.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the narrator lose track of while reading in Combray?
(a) His parents.
(b) The schedule.
(d) His money.
2. Who was the head maid at the house on Combray?
3. What did the narrator's aunt do during her days in Combray?
(a) Visit townspeople.
(b) Look out her window.
(d) Ignore her husband's mistress.
4. What was the main feature of the aunt's room in the house in Combray?
(a) A large wardrobe.
(b) A great mirror.
(c) A gothic bed-set.
(d) A large window.
5. What holiday did the narrator talk about at the beginning of 'Combray'?
(a) Valentine's Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator compare works of art to in Combray?
2. How long did Swann stand in the rain watching Odette one night?
3. Why was the bad treatment to Swann ironic?
4. How did the narrator's mother treat Francoise?
5. How did the narrator feel about Combray?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)