|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sister do to get her bag back when it is stolen?
(a) She steals it back.
(b) She negotiates for it.
(c) She shoots the thief.
(d) She buys it back.
2. Why does the evil man destroy the mirror?
(a) He hates his reflection in it.
(b) It reminds him of the glass ring.
(c) It has helped Swan in the past.
(d) He senses its goodness.
3. What happens when Swan touches the glass ring?
(a) It turns dark.
(b) She passes out again.
(c) It crumbles.
(d) The room is filled with brilliant light.
4. Alvin is given what rank after bringing grisly gifts to Macklin?
5. The Army of Excellence has what major military asset that aids them in the attack on Mary's Rest?
(a) An armored transport vehicle.
(b) A plane.
(c) A tank.
(d) An improvised catapult.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Friend search for the glass ring?
2. What security measure does Friend bypass on Warwick Mountain?
3. Who reads a Psalm at Rusty's funeral?
4. The woman who helps Rusty with his wounds is really ______________.
5. Why does Hugh not want to help the injured boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed when Swan's mask falls off?
2. What happens between Swan and the evil man at the apple truck?
3. Why does the former President want to activate the doomsday device?
4. Based on events at Mary's Rest and within the Army of Excellence, what effect do the Job's Masks appear to have on their wearer's faces?
5. What is Sister's old mantra, and how does it help her on her way to Mary's Rest?
6. What is the relationship between Roland and Friend?
7. What thoughts haunt Roland?
8. How has the Army of Excellence evolved since the events of Book One?
9. How is Swan trapped and then freed?
10. What does Swan realize about the dead child?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)