|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Army of Excellence has what major military asset that aids them in the attack on Mary's Rest?
(a) An improvised catapult.
(b) A plane.
(c) A tank.
(d) An armored transport vehicle.
2. Swan muses that just as Crybaby is to water, she herself is to ______________.
3. Macklin has convinced his army that the keloids are ________.
(a) A curse.
(b) An infectious disease.
(c) A sign of strength.
(d) The mark of Cain.
4. What happens to the fire that extends from the glass ring to Swan?
(a) It is extinguished before it hits her.
(b) It is blown away by an unexpected wind.
(c) It is absorbed into her mask.
(d) It burns her, but only lightly.
5. What happens to the contents of the wagon that belongs to Swan and her companions?
(a) They are set on fire.
(b) They are scattered by wild animals.
(c) They disappear.
(d) They are stolen by the townspeople.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the evil man attempt to attack?
2. Why does Hugh not want to help the injured boy?
3. Who reads a Psalm at Rusty's funeral?
4. What does Swan sense in the Moody's tree?
5. Where does Dr. Hugh Ryan agree to take Sister and Paul?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hugh say about the state of the western part of the United States ?
2. Why does Robin want to see Swan?
3. How does Rusty save Swan?
4. How is Swan's group welcomed to Mary's Rest?
5. What effect does the shard from the glass ring have on Hugh?
6. What happens between Swan and the evil man at the apple truck?
7. What is revealed when Swan's mask falls off?
8. Explain the interaction Swan has with the Moodys' apple tree.
9. How has the Army of Excellence evolved since the events of Book One?
10. How is Swan trapped and then freed?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)