|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the poem that Roland recalls from his school days?
(a) Walt Whitman.
(b) Herman Melville.
(c) Robert Forester.
(d) T.S. Elliot
2. What is unusual about the animal that attacks Rusty?
(a) It has two heads.
(b) It is enormous.
(c) It has red lesions all over its body.
(d) It has no hair.
3. How much time does Roland give the American Allegiance to provide the Army of Excellence with supplies?
(a) A week.
(b) Six hours.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
4. How did Glory's husband die?
(a) Trying to put out a fire.
(b) Fighting off bandits.
(c) In his sleep.
(d) Swimming in the lake.
5. What plant grows from the seeds that Swan planted at the lake?
(a) Berry bushes.
(c) Apple trees.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Macklin summons Sheila to his tent, what does he want her to do for him?
2. What does Robin think of Swan when he sees her?
3. Sister muses that evil is crippled by _________.
4. What is the name of the child bandit who was shot during the raid on Sister's group?
5. What abnormality did Ben Caidin have before the mask grew over his face?
Short Essay Questions
1. What thoughts haunt Roland?
2. How do Sister and Swan recover the glass ring?
3. How does touching the glass ring for the first time change Swan?
4. How is Swan's group welcomed to Mary's Rest?
5. What bothers Swan about the dead child at the lake?
6. Explain the interaction Swan has with the Moodys' apple tree.
7. What happens to Sister's group when they become lost in the forest on the way to Mary's Rest?
8. How is Swan trapped and then freed?
9. How does Roland feel about Macklin during the fighting with the American Allegiance and Mary's Rest?
10. Why does Robin want to see Swan?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)