|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Colonel Macklin is encouraged by a mysterious entity that he calls __________.
(a) The shadow soldier.
(b) The mirror self.
(c) The dark passenger.
2. What is Sister Creep's "magic place"?
(a) A glass shop.
(b) An antique store.
(c) An abandoned theater.
(d) A subway station.
3. What happens immediately after Swan senses danger?
(a) Missiles shoot out from the cornfields.
(b) Bombs begin landing around the building.
(c) There is an explosion inside the building.
(d) A distant nuclear blast shatters the windows.
4. What does Josh find that has begun to grow where Swan has been sleeping?
(a) Shoots of corn.
5. What does Sister Creep hope to find in the Empire State Theatre?
(c) Other survivors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What destroys the President's plane?
2. How do Roland and Macklin plan to dig for the resource they want to retrieve from Earth House?
3. What does Macklin discover when he is called away by Perimeter Control?
4. Chapter 6 opens in a theater named ______________.
5. In Sister Creep's dream what is the man wearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Doyle do to the members of Sister's group and why?
2. Describe the ritual that the survivors in Paul's cabin carry out every day.
3. What does Roland do during his family's initial visit to Earth House that demonstrates that he is reckless and insensitive?
4. What unusual sight does Josh witness as he and Swan continue to search for a way out of PawPaw's shelter?
5. Describe the problem that occurs at Earth House just after the nuclear attacks begin.
6. Why does Sister "Creep" get into a fight in Chapter 2?
7. How do Roland, Macklin, and Sheila acquire a place to stay in the Salt Lake settlement?
8. What unusual abilities does Swan seem to possess?
9. What disagreement does Colonel Macklin have with the builders of Earth House?
10. How does Sister Creep react to seeing the Spanish woman's dead child?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)