|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to escape from the destruction, the President boards a plane with what code name?
(a) Airborne Command.
(b) Marine One.
(c) Airforce One.
(d) Strategic Air Central.
2. Chapter 6 opens in a theater named ______________.
(a) The Golden Branch Theatre.
(b) The Gottfried.
(c) The Empire State Theatre.
(d) The 36th Street Imperial Theatre.
3. Doyle believes that Sister's group is being affected by what?
(a) A hoax.
(b) Mass hypnosis.
(c) Excessive faith.
4. According to the doctor at the Red Cross station in Homewood, about how many people (by percentage) have black scabs on their faces like Sister does?
5. What does Sister Creep leave behind as she runs through Manhattan after emerging from the subway tunnels?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her Bible.
(c) Her bag.
(d) Her blanket.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Earth House?
2. Sister Creep has what occupation at the beginning of the novel?
3. What are Sheila's drugs known as in the settlement?
4. Roland and Macklin ambush Sheila Fontana just outside a settlement located in __________.
5. What unusual sight does Swan witness while her mother is fighting with "Uncle" Tommy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Macklin's first actions as the new ruler of the Salt Lake settlement?
2. What happens to the leadership of the American government shortly after the nuclear attacks begin?
3. Why does Sister "Creep" get into a fight in Chapter 2?
4. What is the strategy of the United States to prevent further advances by the USSR?
5. What new power does Swan exhibit for the first time while Josh digs out from PawPaw's shelter?
6. Describe the dream that Sister Creep has when she is hiding in the unused subway tunnels.
7. What cards appear during the tarot reading that Leona performs for Swan, and what do the cards mean?
8. How does Swan's group react to seeing the lit K-mart?
9. What happens at PawPaw's store when the nuclear attacks begin?
10. Why does Sister decide to continue to Kansas?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)