|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The President's council advises him to set the Defcon status to what level when United States borders are threatened?
2. What does Swan see in the smoked mirror?
(a) A field of green crops.
(b) Josh dying to defend her.
(c) The nuclear attacks.
(d) Halland and Sister holding the glass ring.
3. What does Sister Creep leave behind as she runs through Manhattan after emerging from the subway tunnels?
(a) Her Bible.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her blanket.
(d) Her bag.
4. What do Alvin's followers do to Josh?
(a) They break his arms.
(b) They pour salt in his wounds.
(c) They paint a skull on his face.
(d) They brand him.
5. According to the doctor at the Red Cross station in Homewood, about how many people (by percentage) have black scabs on their faces like Sister does?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sister Creep find the glass ring?
2. In order to escape from the destruction, the President boards a plane with what code name?
3. How does Roland react to the process of amputating Colonel Macklin's hand?
4. What member of Sister's group gives up hope and cannot cross through the tunnel with the others?
5. After the collapse, Macklin worries about what resource within Earth House?
Short Essay Questions
1. What connections are drawn between Doyle Halland and wolves in this section?
2. What inner struggle does Macklin go through after he and the others move into the Salt Lake settlement?
3. What does "the man who likes movies" want when he is at the Empire State Theatre, and how does he get it?
4. How does Sister Creep react to seeing the Spanish woman's dead child?
5. Describe the game that Alvin and his followers force Josh to play.
6. Describe the problem that occurs at Earth House just after the nuclear attacks begin.
7. Describe Sister Creep's reaction when she emerges from the subway tunnels.
8. What happens to Roland's parents during the fighting in Earth House?
9. What are Macklin's first actions as the new ruler of the Salt Lake settlement?
10. What is the state of the survivors in PawPaw's shelter at the end of Chapter 17?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)