|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rusty Weathers belonged to what kind of an organization?
(a) An acting troupe.
(b) A local government.
(c) A circus.
(d) A paramilitary force.
2. From what does Paul Thorson save Sister and Artie?
(a) A pack of wolves.
(b) A hostile gang.
(c) A bear.
(d) A blizzard.
3. Where does Sister Creep find the glass ring?
(a) At the destroyed jewelry shop.
(b) In her bag.
(c) At her feet when she wakes.
(d) In the ruins of the Empire State Theatre.
4. As she travels through New York city, Sister Creep observes the effects of a strike by __________.
(c) Bus drivers.
(d) Garbage collectors.
5. What does Sister Creep hope to find in the Empire State Theatre?
(b) Other survivors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sister Creep leave behind as she runs through Manhattan after emerging from the subway tunnels?
2. How does Roland react to the process of amputating Colonel Macklin's hand?
3. How does Josh's opponent become injured during their match in Chapter 3?
4. Sister Creep has what occupation at the beginning of the novel?
5. Roland and Macklin barter with the Fat Man for a tent that formerly belonged to whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the ritual that the survivors in Paul's cabin carry out every day.
2. Describe the problem that occurs at Earth House just after the nuclear attacks begin.
3. What connections are drawn between Doyle Halland and wolves in this section?
4. What happens to the leadership of the American government shortly after the nuclear attacks begin?
5. What happens at PawPaw's store when the nuclear attacks begin?
6. Why does Sister decide to continue to Kansas?
7. What are Macklin's first actions as the new ruler of the Salt Lake settlement?
8. What does Roland do for Colonel Macklin?
9. What cards appear during the tarot reading that Leona performs for Swan, and what do the cards mean?
10. How does Sister Creep react to seeing the Spanish woman's dead child?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)