|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While her group is lost, what does Sister see in her dream walk?
(a) The evil man in his new guise.
(b) Macklin leading his army.
(c) The apple tree with Swan's name.
(d) A poisoned lake.
2. When Macklin summons Sheila to his tent, what does he want her to do for him?
(a) Leave the army.
(b) Bring him an important artifact.
(c) Act as a spy.
(d) Kill someone.
3. By what type of animal is Rusty attacked?
(a) A rabid dog.
(b) A bobcat.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A mountain lion.
4. What happens to the evil man when Josh fights him?
(a) He has grown stronger.
(b) He has learned Josh's weaknesses.
(c) He has been weakened.
(d) He has become more crafty.
5. What role does Roland fulfill in the Army of Excellence?
(a) Strategic planner.
(b) Logistics organizer.
(d) Combat commander.
6. Where does Friend search for the glass ring?
(a) Rusty's grave.
(b) The lake at Mary's Rest.
(c) Moody's farm.
(d) The cornfield.
7. How does the evil man acquire the truck?
(a) He steals it.
(b) He barters for it.
(c) He tricks Vulcevic into giving it to him.
(d) He puts Vulcevic into a trance and takes it.
8. Who dies at the end of the book?
9. What is taking place in Mary's Rest when Sister's group arrives?
(a) A fight.
(b) The funeral.
(c) A party.
(d) A religious service.
10. What abnormality did Ben Caidin have before the mask grew over his face?
(a) A cleft chin.
(b) A malformed jaw.
(c) Incised teeth.
(d) A terrible scar.
11. The American Allegiance was led by an individual who formerly held what profession?
12. How did Glory's husband die?
(a) Fighting off bandits.
(b) In his sleep.
(c) Swimming in the lake.
(d) Trying to put out a fire.
13. What is the name of the person whom Roland visits in the American Allegiance?
(b) The Prophet.
(d) The Savior.
14. What do Josh and Glory work on together?
(a) Healing sick people around the town.
(b) Raising the crops.
(c) Building a proper well.
(d) Rebuilding the church.
15. How does Robin help lead Sister's group to Mary's Rest?
(a) He sees the light from the fire.
(b) He knows the way very well.
(c) He has a map.
(d) He moves ahead to find it for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What plant grows from the seeds that Swan planted at the lake?
2. The woman who helps Rusty with his wounds is really ______________.
3. Who threatens Swan and Sister for information about the location of the glass ring?
4. What does Swan sense in the Moody's tree?
5. How does Roland feel about what his Job's Mask might reveal when it falls off?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)