|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote the poem that Roland recalls from his school days?
(a) Herman Melville.
(b) Robert Forester.
(c) T.S. Elliot
(d) Walt Whitman.
2. Whom does the evil man attempt to attack?
3. Macklin has convinced his army that the keloids are ________.
(a) A sign of strength.
(b) The mark of Cain.
(c) An infectious disease.
(d) A curse.
4. What has happened to Swan when Josh finds her next to Mule in the morning?
(a) Her arms and legs are covered in sores.
(b) Her body is covered in burns.
(c) Her hands are injured and she has gone blind.
(d) Her mask has started to fall off.
5. What happens to the contents of the wagon that belongs to Swan and her companions?
(a) They are set on fire.
(b) They are scattered by wild animals.
(c) They disappear.
(d) They are stolen by the townspeople.
6. What does Robin think of Swan when he sees her?
(a) He thinks she is the most beautiful girl he has ever seen.
(b) He thinks she is not special in any way.
(c) He is unimpressed with her.
(d) He is repulsed by her Job's Mask.
7. What does Swan sense in the Moody's tree?
8. After the contents of the wagon are tampered with, what does Swan recover?
(a) The mirror.
(b) Her doll.
(c) Their food.
(d) Their fresh water.
9. What do Josh and Glory work on together?
(a) Building a proper well.
(b) Rebuilding the church.
(c) Raising the crops.
(d) Healing sick people around the town.
10. What sound haunts Sheila?
(a) A baby's cries.
(c) Women's screams.
(d) A howling wind.
11. Book Two opens how many years after the events of Book One?
12. Where does Friend search for the glass ring?
(a) The cornfield.
(b) Moody's farm.
(c) The lake at Mary's Rest.
(d) Rusty's grave.
13. What does Josh discover in the barn where he takes Mule?
(a) A printing press.
(b) A working power generator.
(c) A vintage car.
(d) A distillery.
14. Where does Roland find Brother Timothy and the slain Savior?
(a) The bookstore.
(b) The gas station.
(c) The hardware store.
(d) The police station.
15. What happens to the barn where Mule is resting?
(a) Its door is suddenly blown off.
(b) It begins to reek of sulfur.
(c) It collapses.
(d) It catches fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grisly trophy, crafted from Franklin Hayes' body, does Alvin give to Macklin?
2. How did Glory's husband die?
3. The woman who helps Rusty with his wounds is really ______________.
4. What does the evil man want the Army of Excellence to bring him?
5. What is unusual about the animal that attacks Rusty?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)