|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When she wears the glass ring, Swan is surrounded by an object made of light that is described as being which of the following?
(a) A cloak.
(b) A robe.
(c) A pair of wings.
2. What does Macklin realize about Friend?
(a) He is an ally.
(b) He feels guilt.
(c) He is evil.
(d) He can't be trusted.
3. How did Glory's husband die?
(a) Fighting off bandits.
(b) Swimming in the lake.
(c) In his sleep.
(d) Trying to put out a fire.
4. What does Robin see when he dream walks using the glass ring?
(a) The evil man.
(b) His home.
(c) Swan and Mule.
(d) A crucifix.
5. What does Aaron find using the dowsing rod called Crybaby?
(a) A scout from the Army of Excellence.
(b) A river.
(c) A new well.
(d) A dead body.
6. Why did Vulcevic and his family come to Mary's Rest?
(a) They have relatives there.
(b) They heard there was food there.
(c) They were fleeing the Army of Excellence.
(d) They heard rumors of Swan.
7. Why doesn't Sister shoot the welcome man when she recognizes him as the evil man?
(a) She isn't completely sure.
(b) She hopes he will change his ways.
(c) She pities him.
(d) She can't bring herself to kill someone in cold blood.
8. Who wrote the poem that Roland recalls from his school days?
(a) Robert Forester.
(b) Walt Whitman.
(c) T.S. Elliot
(d) Herman Melville.
9. Why does Hugh not want to help the injured boy?
(a) He doesn't have proper instruments.
(b) He doesn't want to help someone who tried to hurt him.
(c) He hasn't used his skills since before the blast.
(d) He is afraid of killing the child.
10. What happens to the evil man when Josh fights him?
(a) He has learned Josh's weaknesses.
(b) He has grown stronger.
(c) He has become more crafty.
(d) He has been weakened.
11. What happens to the contents of the wagon that belongs to Swan and her companions?
(a) They are stolen by the townspeople.
(b) They are set on fire.
(c) They disappear.
(d) They are scattered by wild animals.
12. What machine does Alvin build in order to lay siege to the American Allegiance's position?
(a) A crane.
(b) A siege tower.
(c) A battering ram.
(d) A movable ramp.
13. How is Roland tested for disease when he visits the American Allegiance?
(a) By dousing him with holy water.
(b) By performing a strange rite.
(c) By making him recite a prayer.
(d) By holding a crucifix in his mouth.
14. What does Robin offer to Swan just before he accidentally confesses his love for her?
(a) His gloves.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His tools.
(d) His knife.
15. When Macklin's mask comes off, his appearance has been altered in what way?
(a) He appears like a living skull.
(b) He has grown horns.
(c) His skin is red and tumorous.
(d) He has open, weeping sores all over his face.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Sister gives the glass ring to Swan, what does she feel is over?
2. What role does Roland fulfill in the Army of Excellence?
3. The people of Mary's Rest suspect that DeLauren's face was made hideous by his Job's Mask because he performed what crime?
4. How much time does Roland give the American Allegiance to provide the Army of Excellence with supplies?
5. Macklin has convinced his army that the keloids are ________.
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)