|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the doomsday device operate?
(a) It melts the ice caps.
(b) It blacks out the atmosphere.
(c) It ignites atmospheric oxygen.
(d) It poisons the clouds.
2. When Sister gives the glass ring to Swan, what does she feel is over?
(a) Her sad days.
(b) Her quest.
(c) Her dream walking.
(d) Her life.
3. The people of Mary's Rest suspect that DeLauren's face was made hideous by his Job's Mask because he performed what crime?
4. Just before he passes out from the pain from his Job's Mask, Josh realizes that the glass ring is really what?
(a) Swan's crown.
(b) A halo.
(c) A part of a larger artifact.
(d) A weapon.
5. Book Two opens how many years after the events of Book One?
6. Why did Vulcevic and his family come to Mary's Rest?
(a) They heard there was food there.
(b) They have relatives there.
(c) They heard rumors of Swan.
(d) They were fleeing the Army of Excellence.
7. What does Macklin realize about Friend?
(a) He is an ally.
(b) He can't be trusted.
(c) He feels guilt.
(d) He is evil.
8. Whom does Sister demand to see in Mary's Rest?
(b) The town's leader.
(c) The evil man.
9. What does Robin offer to Swan just before he accidentally confesses his love for her?
(a) His tools.
(b) His shirt.
(c) His knife.
(d) His gloves.
10. Why doesn't Sister shoot the welcome man when she recognizes him as the evil man?
(a) She hopes he will change his ways.
(b) She can't bring herself to kill someone in cold blood.
(c) She isn't completely sure.
(d) She pities him.
11. What does Robin see when he dream walks using the glass ring?
(a) Swan and Mule.
(b) His home.
(c) The evil man.
(d) A crucifix.
12. What was mined at Warwick Mountain before the blast?
(c) Natural gas.
13. What does Swan find in the dead girl's hands?
(a) A ring.
(c) A cross.
(d) A mirror.
14. The Army of Excellence has what major military asset that aids them in the attack on Mary's Rest?
(a) A plane.
(b) An improvised catapult.
(c) An armored transport vehicle.
(d) A tank.
15. What happens to the spike from the glass ring after Hugh uses it to operate on the injured boy?
(a) It turns dark.
(b) It becomes cold.
(c) It becomes painful to hold.
(d) It crumbles.
Short Answer Questions
1. The American Allegiance was led by an individual who formerly held what profession?
2. What does Sister do to get her bag back when it is stolen?
3. What does Robin think of Swan when he sees her?
4. Rusty remembers the saying "fight fire with fire." Which member of his family was fond of saying that phrase?
5. What happens to the barn where Mule is resting?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)