|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sister's group believes that the ring acquired its magical properties from what source?
(a) Sister's faith.
(c) The lives of the people who died.
(d) The blast.
2. What minor problem cascades into a major disaster at Earth House shortly after the nuclear attacks begin?
(a) A plumbing issue.
(b) A personnel shortage.
(c) A structural crack.
(d) An electrical short.
3. Sister Creep has what occupation at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She is a nun.
(b) She runs a soup kitchen.
(c) She is a social worker.
(d) She is homeless.
4. Doyle believes that Sister's group is being affected by what?
(a) Excessive faith.
(b) A hoax.
(c) Mass hypnosis.
5. Where does Swan live?
(a) Salt Lake City.
(b) Oklahoma City.
6. What do Alvin's followers do to Josh?
(a) They paint a skull on his face.
(b) They brand him.
(c) They pour salt in his wounds.
(d) They break his arms.
7. According to the doctor at the Red Cross station in Homewood, about how many people (by percentage) have black scabs on their faces like Sister does?
8. As she travels through New York city, Sister Creep observes the effects of a strike by __________.
(c) Garbage collectors.
(d) Bus drivers.
9. Where does Sister Creep find the glass ring?
(a) At the destroyed jewelry shop.
(b) In the ruins of the Empire State Theatre.
(c) In her bag.
(d) At her feet when she wakes.
10. What is Sgt. Schorr's specialty?
11. What destroys the President's plane?
(a) A missile.
(b) A crazed airbase worker.
(c) A terrorist bomb.
(d) A flaming bus.
12. After acquiring a map of the country, Sister decides to go to ____________.
13. How does Josh's opponent become injured during their match in Chapter 3?
(a) He overexerts himself.
(b) Josh knocks him out.
(c) He is attacked by a spectator.
(d) He trips and falls.
14. Why does Macklin go to the lake after he, Roland, and Sheila move into the settlement?
(a) To gather drinking water.
(b) To proselytize.
(c) To spy on the people of the settlement.
(d) To disinfect his arm.
15. Why are the theater employees disturbed during the showing of a particular film?
(a) There are inexplicable scenes added to the film.
(b) A woman sobs uncontrollably.
(c) They smell fire and sulfur.
(d) A man laughs during the film.
Short Answer Questions
1. What combat sport does Josh Hutchins practice?
2. In order to escape from the destruction, the President boards a plane with what code name?
3. What best encapsulates Colonel Macklin's mantra?
4. What film is being shown at the opening of Chapter 6?
5. What does Artie dream of when he uses the glass ring?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)