|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Swan describes her sensation of creatures and plants "hurting" as _______.
(a) A touch sensation.
(b) A sound.
(c) A feeling.
(d) A visible aura.
2. Rusty Weathers belonged to what kind of an organization?
(a) A paramilitary force.
(b) A local government.
(c) An acting troupe.
(d) A circus.
3. What do Josh and Swan discover that they believe might lead them to the surface?
(a) A fissure in the earth.
(b) A water pipe.
(c) A drainage hole.
(d) A gopher hole.
4. What is Sgt. Schorr's specialty?
5. The men who rescue sister's group ride what kind of a vehicle?
(a) A dump truck.
(b) A bus.
(c) A semi-tractor trailer.
(d) A snow plow.
6. What film is being shown at the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) Kosovo Autumn.
(c) The Face of Death.
(d) The Seventh Seal.
7. Chapter 6 opens in a theater named ______________.
(a) The Golden Branch Theatre.
(b) The Gottfried.
(c) The 36th Street Imperial Theatre.
(d) The Empire State Theatre.
8. What grizzly sight do Josh, Swan, and Leona see when they enter the K-mart?
(a) Blood coating the floor.
(b) Human heads on mannequins.
(c) Piles of human entrails.
(d) Human skins hung on the walls.
9. Sister Creep lost her own child in what circumstances?
(a) The child died with no cause.
(b) She gave the child up for adoption.
(c) She neglected the child's health.
(d) She was driving drunk.
10. How does Roland react to the process of amputating Colonel Macklin's hand?
(a) He is mesmerized.
(b) He is horrified.
(c) He becomes instantly ill.
(d) He is uninterested.
11. Colonel Macklin is encouraged by a mysterious entity that he calls __________.
(a) The dark passenger.
(b) The shadow soldier.
(d) The mirror self.
12. After her dream, Sister Creep wakes to realize that what threat is coming towards her?
(a) A gang.
(b) The police.
(c) A fireball.
(d) A train.
13. How does Macklin's inner voice react to what he discovers when he is called away by Perimeter Control?
(a) It is frightened.
(b) It is excited.
(c) It is indifferent.
(d) It gloats over his misfortune.
14. After acquiring a map of the country, Sister decides to go to ____________.
15. What combat sport does Josh Hutchins practice?
(b) Tae Kwon Do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Macklin go to the lake after he, Roland, and Sheila move into the settlement?
2. What is Crybaby?
3. What major event is Sister Creep waiting for?
4. What was Josh Hutchins' former profession?
5. What happens to the part of the glass ring that Doyle touches?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)