|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Beth dream of when she uses the glass ring?
(b) Food and safety.
(c) Drinking water.
2. What happens immediately after Swan senses danger?
(a) There is an explosion inside the building.
(b) Missiles shoot out from the cornfields.
(c) A distant nuclear blast shatters the windows.
(d) Bombs begin landing around the building.
3. In the dream walk that Sister experiences after talking with Doyle, what does she pick up?
(a) A Cookie Monster doll.
(b) A mysterious weapon.
(c) A list of the dead.
(d) A fragment of cloth.
4. What was Josh Hutchins' former profession?
(a) Football player.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Private detective.
(d) Coast guard diver.
5. Whom did Sister see in the dream walk she had after she and Artie escaped from Doyle?
(a) The Spanish woman.
(c) Josh and Swan.
(d) Roland and Macklin.
6. What does Swan see in the smoked mirror?
(a) A field of green crops.
(b) The nuclear attacks.
(c) Josh dying to defend her.
(d) Halland and Sister holding the glass ring.
7. What does Colonel Macklin do with the occupants of the RV who attempt to gain entrance to the shelter?
(a) He lets them enter.
(b) He puts them under arrest.
(c) He denies them entrance.
(d) He orders the RV destroyed.
8. What does Doyle Halland emerge from to find and join SIster's group?
(a) A barn.
(b) A ruined school.
(c) A burned-out church.
(d) A wrecked truck.
9. As he lies trapped, Colonel Macklin has a flashback to his time in what place?
10. In Sister Creep's dream what is the man wearing?
(a) A yellow raincoat.
(b) A white mask.
(c) A black hat.
(d) A brown duster.
11. Rusty Weathers belonged to what kind of an organization?
(a) A paramilitary force.
(b) A circus.
(c) An acting troupe.
(d) A local government.
12. What is Josh worried about when he and the others discover they are trapped in the shelter?
(a) PawPaw is going insane and may be dangerous.
(b) They will run out of food.
(c) They will run out of air.
(d) They have no water.
13. What unusual sight does Swan witness while her mother is fighting with "Uncle" Tommy?
(a) The wind repeatedly changes directions.
(b) Hundreds of fireflies land on her window.
(c) A huge flock of crows flies over the house.
(d) The clouds all suddenly disperse.
14. After the collapse, Macklin worries about what resource within Earth House?
(a) Air supply.
15. How does Josh's opponent become injured during their match in Chapter 3?
(a) He is attacked by a spectator.
(b) He overexerts himself.
(c) He trips and falls.
(d) Josh knocks him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alvin and his followers force Josh to play a game called _________.
2. The city of Matheson was once home to what type of an institution?
3. Where does Sister Creep believe she is when she comes to her senses after the nuclear attack?
4. What does Artie dream of when he uses the glass ring?
5. What does "the man who likes movies" do with Sister Creep's crucifix?
This section contains 516 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)