|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sister Creep's "magic place"?
(a) An abandoned theater.
(b) An antique store.
(c) A subway station.
(d) A glass shop.
2. What best encapsulates Colonel Macklin's mantra?
(a) Strength and wisdom.
(b) Endurance and sagacity.
(c) Discipline and control.
(d) Speed and deceit.
3. The President's council advises him to set the Defcon status to what level when United States borders are threatened?
4. What film is being shown at the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) Kosovo Autumn.
(c) The Face of Death.
(d) The Seventh Seal.
5. Whom did Sister see in the dream walk she had after she and Artie escaped from Doyle?
(a) Josh and Swan.
(c) Roland and Macklin.
(d) The Spanish woman.
6. What are Sheila's drugs known as in the settlement?
7. Where does Swan live?
(a) Salt Lake City.
(b) Oklahoma City.
8. Swan describes her sensation of creatures and plants "hurting" as _______.
(a) A sound.
(b) A touch sensation.
(c) A visible aura.
(d) A feeling.
9. What was Josh Hutchins' former profession?
(a) Private detective.
(b) Police officer.
(c) Coast guard diver.
(d) Football player.
10. What does Colonel Macklin do with the occupants of the RV who attempt to gain entrance to the shelter?
(a) He puts them under arrest.
(b) He denies them entrance.
(c) He lets them enter.
(d) He orders the RV destroyed.
11. What grizzly sight do Josh, Swan, and Leona see when they enter the K-mart?
(a) Human skins hung on the walls.
(b) Human heads on mannequins.
(c) Piles of human entrails.
(d) Blood coating the floor.
12. According to the doctor at the Red Cross station in Homewood, about how many people (by percentage) have black scabs on their faces like Sister does?
13. What does Swan find intact when she and Josh reach the surface?
(a) A scarecrow.
(b) Her Cookie Monster doll.
(c) Her mother's car.
(d) A billboard for Earth House.
14. How do Roland and Macklin plan to dig for the resource they want to retrieve from Earth House?
(a) By forcing the civilians to dig.
(b) By ordering the soldiers to dig.
(c) By asking for volunteers to dig.
(d) By causing a second collapse.
15. What injury has Josh sustained during the initial nuclear attacks?
(a) He lost one ear.
(b) He lost his hearing.
(c) His leg was broken.
(d) He was temporarily blinded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Crybaby?
2. Doyle believes that Sister's group is being affected by what?
3. Chapter 6 opens in a theater named ______________.
4. Roland and Macklin barter with the Fat Man for a tent that formerly belonged to whom?
5. In Sister Creep's dream what is the man wearing?
This section contains 452 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)