|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Sister Creep find the glass ring?
(a) In the ruins of the Empire State Theatre.
(b) At her feet when she wakes.
(c) At the destroyed jewelry shop.
(d) In her bag.
2. What grizzly sight do Josh, Swan, and Leona see when they enter the K-mart?
(a) Piles of human entrails.
(b) Human skins hung on the walls.
(c) Blood coating the floor.
(d) Human heads on mannequins.
3. Where do Roland, Macklin, and Teddybear Warner set up a perimeter within Earth House?
(a) The command station.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The armory.
(d) The supply room.
4. Colonel Macklin is encouraged by a mysterious entity that he calls __________.
(a) The dark passenger.
(b) The shadow soldier.
(c) The mirror self.
5. What is Earth House?
(a) A fallout shelter.
(b) A hotel.
(c) An artistic concept.
(d) A resort.
6. As he lies trapped, Colonel Macklin has a flashback to his time in what place?
7. Alvin and his followers force Josh to play a game called _________.
(c) Jester's Ninepins.
8. What happens to the part of the glass ring that Doyle touches?
(a) It burns him.
(b) It bursts into blue flame.
(c) It shatters.
(d) It turns dark.
9. Sister's group believes that the ring acquired its magical properties from what source?
(a) Sister's faith.
(b) The lives of the people who died.
(d) The blast.
10. What film is being shown at the opening of Chapter 6?
(a) Kosovo Autumn.
(b) The Seventh Seal.
(c) The Face of Death.
11. What does "the man who likes movies" do with Sister Creep's crucifix?
(a) He covers it up.
(b) He destroys it.
(c) He is repelled by it.
(d) He rips it off.
12. Swan's mother has a dream about what shortly before dying?
(a) Her mother and father.
(b) A peaceful city.
(c) Her pastor.
(d) Her hometown.
13. Roland and Macklin ambush Sheila Fontana just outside a settlement located in __________.
(a) New York.
(c) Salt Late.
14. What unusual sight does Swan witness while her mother is fighting with "Uncle" Tommy?
(a) A huge flock of crows flies over the house.
(b) Hundreds of fireflies land on her window.
(c) The clouds all suddenly disperse.
(d) The wind repeatedly changes directions.
15. When "the man who likes movies" touches Emiliano, what happens to him?
(a) He goes into a trance.
(b) He drops dead.
(c) He turns hostile.
(d) He drops into a coma.
Short Answer Questions
1. After taking control of the Salt Lake settlement, Macklin dons a uniform from what historical place and time?
2. Sister Creep has what occupation at the beginning of the novel?
3. According to the doctor at the Red Cross station in Homewood, about how many people (by percentage) have black scabs on their faces like Sister does?
4. What happens immediately after Swan senses danger?
5. How does Josh's opponent become injured during their match in Chapter 3?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)