|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two, Part Twelve, Chapters 70-74.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Sister Creep has what occupation at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She is a social worker.
(b) She is homeless.
(c) She runs a soup kitchen.
(d) She is a nun.
2. At the end of Chapter 2, where does Sister Creep decide to hide?
(a) In the subway tunnels.
(b) In a warehouse.
(c) In a cathedral.
(d) In a parking garage.
3. When Macklin's mask comes off, his appearance has been altered in what way?
(a) He has grown horns.
(b) His skin is red and tumorous.
(c) He has open, weeping sores all over his face.
(d) He appears like a living skull.
4. Why are the theater employees disturbed during the showing of a particular film?
(a) There are inexplicable scenes added to the film.
(b) A woman sobs uncontrollably.
(c) A man laughs during the film.
(d) They smell fire and sulfur.
5. How does Josh's opponent become injured during their match in Chapter 3?
(a) He is attacked by a spectator.
(b) He trips and falls.
(c) He overexerts himself.
(d) Josh knocks him out.
Short Answer Questions
1. The city of Matheson was once home to what type of an institution?
2. What grizzly sight do Josh, Swan, and Leona see when they enter the K-mart?
3. What does Josh discover in the barn where he takes Mule?
4. Why doesn't Sister shoot the welcome man when she recognizes him as the evil man?
5. Where do Roland, Macklin, and Teddybear Warner set up a perimeter within Earth House?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)