Book One, Part One, Chapters 1-5
1. At the beginning of the novel, the United States and what other nation are gearing up for nuclear war?
(a) The USSR.
(c) North Korea.
2. The President's council advises him to set the Defcon status to what level when United States borders are threatened?
3. Sister Creep has what occupation at the beginning of the novel?
(a) She is homeless.
(b) She is a social worker.
(c) She is a nun.
(d) She runs a soup kitchen.
4. What major event is Sister Creep waiting for?
(a) The magnetic alignment of the earth.
(b) The coming of a pagan god.
(c) The presidential election.
(d) The Rapture.
5. What is Sister Creep's "magic place"?
(a) A subway station.
(b) A glass shop.
(c) An abandoned theater.
(d) An antique store.
6. Sister Creep believes herself to be surrounded by _____________.
(a) Government agents.
7. As she travels through New York city, Sister Creep observes the effects of a strike by __________.
(a) Garbage collectors.
(b) Bus drivers.
This section contains 4,344 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)