|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Abby is estranged from in Book Five?
(a) Her fiance Milton.
(b) Her husband Matt.
(c) Her mother Moxie.
(d) Her boyfriend Mark.
2. What is Firestorm's ability?
(a) Atomic restructuring.
(b) Particle rearranging.
(c) Hypertronic captivation.
(d) Subatomic travel.
3. How does Swamp Thing react to Etrigan's attack?
(a) He runs away screaming.
(b) He doesn't realize what has happened.
(c) He hides in the swamp.
(d) He uses his regenerative powers to reattach his arm.
4. In Book Four, how does Swamp Thing finally defeat the Floronic Man?
(a) With charm.
(b) With logic.
(c) With brute force.
(d) With his technical prowess.
5. What does Swamp Thing remember about Alec Holland during Book Five?
(a) Alec Holland burning to death.
(b) Alec Holland running in the mornings.
(c) Alec Holland's sense of smell.
(d) Alec Holland's family secrets.
6. What does Book Six continue to build around the demon's presence?
7. How does Swamp Thing detect his new enemy in Book Five?
(a) By the rumbling of the earth.
(b) By the creation of fear.
(c) By the creation of wonder.
(d) By the sound of bats.
8. What increases fear for the characters' safety in the audience?
(a) The audience knows where the bomb is.
(b) The audience knows of The Monkey King's existence.
(c) The audience knows The Monkey King will die soon.
(d) The audience knows the combination to the safe.
9. What device is used concerning the reader's awareness of the danger posed by The Monkey King?
(a) Dramatic irony.
(d) Situational irony.
10. What does one older man fetch to fight the Floronic Man with in Book four?
(a) "Bessie" which is his truck.
(b) "Lilly" which is his chainsaw.
(c) "Millie" which is his axe.
(d) "Evangeline" which is his chainsaw.
11. What appears to Matt while he is bleeding to death?
(a) A spider.
(b) A ghost.
(c) A talking fly.
(d) A ghoul.
12. What color are Jason Blood's eyes?
13. What does Swamp Thing explain to Abby Arcane after his defeat of the Floronic Man?
(a) Alec Holland is dead.
(b) That Alec Holland never died.
(c) That he is Alec Holland.
(d) That Swamp Thing is unhappy.
14. Why does Etrigan wish to eat Paul?
(a) Because Paul is a threat to Etrigan.
(b) Because Etrigan is starving.
(c) Because Paul appears to be the master of The Monkey King.
(d) Because Paul is young and looks tasty.
15. What sensual detail does Paul remember most from his encounter with The Monkey King?
(a) The smell of The Monkey King's hair.
(b) The stickiness of The Monkey King's snout.
(c) The taste of The Monkey King's blood.
(d) The texture of the carpet in his parent's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does The Monkey King consume whenever he can?
2. What is the Floronic Man's plan in Book Four?
3. Where is Abby's new job in Book Five?
4. What does the Justice League watch the Floronic Man do at the beginning of Book Four?
5. In Book Five, where does Abby excuse herself from in order to leave for work?
This section contains 541 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)