|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Two.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Campbell make a case for concerning Alan Moore's Swamp Thing?
(a) That the comic book genre is too trite.
(b) That the comic book medium can't be rescued.
(c) That the comic book medium is a legitimate art form.
(d) That the comic book medium is better than poetry.
2. When was the idea of Swamp Thing first conceived?
3. What does Campbell say the original character of Swamp Thing re-emerges as?
(a) An "abstraction."
(b) A "fool."
(c) An "accomplishment of Alan Moore's mind."
(d) A "poetic reinvention."
4. What does Swamp Thing discover in Book Two that distresses him?
(a) He has frostbite.
(b) He is no longer Alec Holland.
(c) His toes aren't working.
(d) His girlfriend left him.
5. What was Swamp Thing encased in?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brought the Swamp Thing to Washington D.C.?
2. What does Campbell believe about Moore's work on Swamp Thing?
3. What was Swamp Thing, originally?
4. What was the original story of Swamp Thing about?
5. What does the old man want to know about the formula's impact on Swamp Thing?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)