|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book One.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of ear does Campbell claim Alan Moore has for dialogue?
2. What is Alec Holland's formula called?
(a) Bio-organic compound.
(b) Organic restorative juice.
(c) Meta-gnosic formula.
(d) Bio-restorative formula.
3. What does Moore's writing retain that Campbell considers to be accomplished work?
(a) Magical allusions.
(b) Insincere dialogue.
(c) Profound emotions.
(d) Hearty aphorisms.
4. What was Swamp Thing, originally?
(a) Half-man, half-alien.
(b) Half-vegetable, half-sheep.
(c) Half-food, half-element.
(d) Half-man, half-vegetable.
5. What comparison is drawn by Woodrue concerning consciousness and wise men?
(a) True consciousness is only given to the wise men.
(b) Cannibals eat wise men to gain knowledge.
(c) Men are only wise if they lose consciousness.
(d) Consciousness manifests in wise women, not men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Alan Moore recast who used to be known as a minor DC villain?
2. What is one difference in comic book horror that distinguishes it from other genres?
3. How does Campbell suggest a good writer use the DC universe to his or her advantage?
4. Who was Swamp Thing's original nemesis?
5. What does Campbell say about the stories of the late 1960s?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)