|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Katie as the novel opens?
(c) At work.
(d) In the bathtub.
2. What does Suzanne call Melanie's daughter(s)?
(a) Number one, two, three and four.
(b) Number one and two.
(d) Melanie only has sons.
3. Who believes stars flow out of the sky like cream from a pitcher?
(a) No one.
(b) The French.
4. What does Jean do for a living?
(a) She is a teacher.
(b) She is an artist.
(c) She is a doctor.
(d) She is a housewife.
5. What does Matt's mother teach Matt?
(a) How to play the guitar.
(b) Home maintenance.
(d) How to paint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where can Katie imagine Suzanne?
2. How does Suzanne describe her life as a doctor in Boston?
3. What does Katie do when she takes a break from reading?
4. Why can't Katie talk to Matt about the situation?
5. What does the note from Matt that is inside the book say?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Suzanne change her life after Michael leaves her?
2. What does Katie imagine about Suzanne and Matt as she is sobbing?
3. What do Katie and Matt do in the evening after go to the museums?
4. What does Katie remember about the night she and Matt made love and Katie becomes pregnant?
5. What does Katie do when she takes a break from reading Suzanne's diary?
6. Where do Matt and Katie go the next day after working until noon?
7. How does Katie take comfort while dealing with her emotions?
8. What had Katie done on July 19th, and what had she received the same day?
9. Describe Suzanne's meeting Jean.
10. How does Suzanne describe Melanie Bone?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)