|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets at the Kennedy wedding?
(a) Suzanne and Matthew.
(b) Katie and Michael.
(c) Katie and Matthew.
(d) Suzanne and Michael.
2. When had Katie found a package on her doorstep?
(a) When Matt calls her and tells her to look on her doorstep.
(b) After returning from the ferry ride.
(c) When she comes home from work.
(d) After she got out of bed from sleeping two days.
3. Why do Suzanne and Matt go to his house after going to a blues club?
(a) To continue dancing.
(b) Because his dog needed to be let out.
(c) For Matt to get his guitar.
(d) For Matt to show her his mother's paintings.
4. How does Katie meet Matt Harrison?
(a) Through work.
(b) She hires him to paint her house.
(c) Through a mutual friend.
(d) He moves in down the street.
5. Why does Suzanne have time to examine her life?
(a) In having to be off her broken foot for a couple weeks.
(b) She has to take time off work when she is pregnant.
(c) She is in therapy after her husband dies.
(d) In recovering from coronary bypass surgery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Suzanne move?
2. What does Katie's mother say about Matt?
3. How many daughters does Melanie have?
4. What was Matt's major in college?
5. What does Suzanne love about her new situation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie realize as she slams the diary shut and what does she need?
2. How does Suzanne describe her new life?
3. How does Suzanne describe meeting Matt in Picasso?
4. What does Suzanne say about Matt's house?
5. Describe what happens on July 18.
6. How does Katie meet Matt Harrison?
7. What does Suzanne say about her perfect night?
8. How does Katie take comfort while dealing with her emotions?
9. What does Katie imagine about Suzanne and Matt as she is sobbing?
10. What does Katie remember about her thoughts concerning Matt?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)