|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gus do one day in the park in Boston?
(a) Breaks his leg.
(b) Break up with his girlfriend.
(c) Digs up a rose bush.
(d) Chases ducks.
2. What message does Katie leave on Matt's answering machine?
(a) That she understands his pain.
(b) That she is incredibly hurt.
(c) That she is sorry for his pain.
(d) That she is reading the diary.
3. Who does Katie call the next morning after starting to read the diary?
(a) No one.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Her best friend.
4. What does Katie say about Matt as a lover?
(a) She is worried about their compatibility.
(b) He tried very hard, but fumbled a bit.
(c) He was the perfect lover for her.
(d) He may have been perfect for Suzanne but is not quite on the mark for her.
5. What has Katie done to make her home cozy?
(a) Used lots of vibrant colors.
(b) Used a lot of antiques.
(c) Used big pillows and other overstuffed things.
(d) Gathered things around her from her family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Katie think about Matt as a prospective husband?
2. What is Jean doing on the roof?
3. What does Suzanne say Melanie always has?
4. Why does Suzanne have time to examine her life?
5. What t.v. show does Katie watch as she tries to comfort herself?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Suzanne describe meeting Matt in Picasso?
2. What did Matt do for Katie during the month of June?
3. How does Suzanne describe her new life?
4. What does Katie realize as she slams the diary shut and what does she need?
5. What is the result of Suzanne's illness and what analogy does she use to explain what she decides?
6. Where do Matt and Katie go the next day after working until noon?
7. Who is with Katie and what are they doing?
8. What does Katie do when she takes a break from reading Suzanne's diary?
9. What does Katie remember about the night she and Matt made love and Katie becomes pregnant?
10. How does Katie take comfort while dealing with her emotions?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)