|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Suzanne know about the place where she moves?
(a) Her grandmother lived there.
(b) Her sister lives there.
(c) She spent her honeymoon there.
(d) She spent summers there while growing up.
2. What does Katie's mother say about Matt?
(a) That he probably did not intend to hurt her.
(b) That he has good taste in women.
(c) That he is a cad.
(d) That he maybe needs to grieve longer.
3. What does Jean do for a living?
(a) She is a housewife.
(b) She is an artist.
(c) She is a doctor.
(d) She is a teacher.
4. Where do Matt and Katie go after working until noon?
(a) To a Cuban cafe.
(b) Some museums.
(c) A Broadway musical.
5. What is one thing Katie hides from her mother?
(a) That she is considering an abortion.
(b) That she is pregnant.
(c) That she took some vacation days because she is too distraught.
(d) That she quit her job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Katie think she and Suzanne would have done had they met each other under different circumstances?
2. What message does Katie leave on Matt's answering machine?
3. What do Matt and Katie do after dinner?
4. What could Katie not believe about herself concerning Matt?
5. What is Jean doing on the roof?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Suzanne describe meeting Matt in Picasso?
2. What is the result of Suzanne's illness and what analogy does she use to explain what she decides?
3. What do Katie and Matt do in the evening after go to the museums?
4. Describe what happens on July 18.
5. What is Katie doing at the opening of the novel?
6. What is Katie not yet ready to tell her family?
7. How does Katie meet Matt Harrison?
8. How does Suzanne change her life after Michael leaves her?
9. Describe Suzanne's meeting Jean.
10. How does Katie take comfort while dealing with her emotions?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)