|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Suzanne see Matt's home as having?
(a) A strong feminine touch.
(c) A strong masculine touch.
(d) Lots of gingerbread.
2. Why do Suzanne and Matt go to his house after going to a blues club?
(a) Because his dog needed to be let out.
(b) For Matt to get his guitar.
(c) To continue dancing.
(d) For Matt to show her his mother's paintings.
3. What of Matt's is Katie editing?
(a) A collection of short stories.
(b) A book of poems.
(c) A novel about a ghost wife.
(d) A children's fantasy.
4. When does Matt's father die?
(a) Just after Matt graduates from high school.
(b) He is still alive.
(c) When Matt is very young.
(d) Just after Matt graduates from college.
5. What did Matt's father do for a living?
Short Answer Questions
1. What message does Katie leave on Matt's answering machine?
2. What does Katie try to stop doing?
3. About what is Katie old fashioned?
4. What does Katie realize as she slams the diary closed?
5. What do Matt and Katie do after dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Katie do when she takes a break from reading Suzanne's diary?
2. What does Suzanne say about Matt's house?
3. Describe Suzanne's relationship with Michael Bernstein.
4. What does Katie realize as she slams the diary shut and what does she need?
5. Where do Matt and Katie go the next day after working until noon?
6. What is the result of Suzanne's illness and what analogy does she use to explain what she decides?
7. How does Suzanne describe her new life?
8. What does Katie remember about her thoughts concerning Matt?
9. What do Katie and Matt do in the evening after go to the museums?
10. What had Katie done on July 19th, and what had she received the same day?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)