|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The morning after sleeping together, where does Fertility tell Tender she is going?
2. How much is Fertility paid each time she has sex with a client?
3. What is the agent actually taking but calling ChemoSolv?
4. What does Tender tell the reader at the end of chapter 8?
5. What is on the dashboard of the car that Adam and Tender steal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adam convince Tender to do after he is injured in the car crash? How does he do it?
2. What are Tender's memories of his childhood? What is Adam's reaction to Tender's memories?
3. What evidence do the police have to suspect Tender of the murders of the agent and the caseworker?
4. Once they return home, where do Fertility and Tender spend the night? Who sees Tender and what is ironic about the whole situation?
5. Why is it important for Tender to get married at the Super Bowl?
6. Who does the hijacker turn out to be? Explain.
7. How do Tender and Adam "lose" Fertility on their cross-country trip after the Super Bowl?
8. What happens when Tender catches up to Fertility at the airport in chapter 3?
9. Describe the Genesis Campaign. Why did the agent feel it was necessary?
10. Describe the PornFill project and what it ultimately does.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is your favorite secondary character in the novel and why? What is their relationship with Tender? What does this character add or take away from the novel? What happens to this character in the end of the novel? Does this character grow or evolve over the course of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Tender and Adam are twin brothers, but they are also seemingly opposites. Describe the relationship between Tender and Adam. What are the similarities and differences between Tender and Adam? What accounts for the similarities? The differences? Describe how these characters interact.
Essay Topic 3
The relationship between power and sex is recurring throughout the novel, and its obvious hold on Tender is an important element of this character's personality and journey. Discuss the relationship between power and sex as it is described and used in the novel. How does this affect Tender? What does this relationship have to do with some of the teachings of the Creedish Church?
This section contains 1,329 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)