|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following disorders is NOT one that the caseworker diagnoses Tender with?
2. Where does the caseworker come to meet Tender?
(a) At his employers' house.
(c) The library.
(d) His apartment.
3. Who accompanies Tender's brother and his brother's wife to the outside world?
(a) Tender's mother.
(c) A church elder.
(d) No one.
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the phrases spoken between Creedish Church members in the outside world?
(a) May you die with all your work complete.
(b) May our efforts bring all those around us to Heaven.
(c) May you live long and prosper.
(d) May you be a complete service in your lifetime.
5. After her first "date" with Tender, what does Fertility ask "phone Tender" when she calls him?
(a) If they are finally allowed to meet.
(b) What he looks like.
(c) If he is the same person.
(d) If he knew Trevor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Tender when he first met his caseworker?
2. After Tender gets his mysterious call, who does he try continuously to call without success?
3. What does Fertility Hollis ask Tender when she calls his suicide hotline?
4. What does Tender's caseworker think about the suspicious suicides of the remaining Creedish Church members?
5. What flight did the main character hijack?
Short Essay Questions
1. After finding out that Tender Branson is the last remaining survivor of the Creedish church, who tries to get into contact with him and what do they want?
2. After the agent arranges to pick Tender up, what does Tender call Fertility from the plane to ask her and what is her response?
3. What did Tender Branson learn in school as a tender, and what rules is he supposed to follow in the outside world?
4. What would the exchange be like if Tender saw another member of the Creedish Church in the outside world?
5. What does the caseworker usually ask Tender about, and how does he respond?
6. What method does Tender employ to teach the couple how to eat the lobster, and what does he discover as he is eating it?
7. How does Tender feel about the caseworker's death?
8. What is the exchange between the pilot and Tender Branson before the pilot leaves the hijacked plane?
9. Why does Tender have a caseworker?
10. How does Tender come to receive calls intended for a suicide prevention hotline and why does he continue to take them?
This section contains 1,069 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)