|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tender discover his caseworker dead?
(a) In her house.
(b) At his employers' house.
(c) At the grocery store.
(d) At his house.
2. Tender was born how long after his older brother?
(a) Ten months.
(b) Three minutes.
(c) Three years.
(d) Thirty minutes.
3. What does Tender do on the phone so Fertility won't recognize him as the guy from the cemetery?
(a) Disguises his voice.
(b) Hangs up the phone.
(c) Has his caseworker talk to her.
(d) Uses a tape recorder.
4. Who does Tender want to talk to his caseworker about?
(a) His landlord.
(b) His family.
(c) Fertility Hollis.
(d) His employers.
5. What does Tender reveal that someone leaked to the FBI ten years ago?
(a) That Tender was a suspected murderer.
(b) That the Creedish were preparing children for labor.
(c) That the Creedish were molesting children.
(d) That the Creedish were performing satanic rituals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fertility agree to do in order to meet "phone Tender"?
2. Which of the following disorders is NOT one that the caseworker diagnoses Tender with?
3. What did the media label the Creedish Church?
4. Who is permitted to marry in the Creedish Church?
5. At the end of chapter 32, what does Tender interrupt his story to report?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does naming or rank work in the Creedish Church culture?
2. What is happening as the novel opens?
3. How does Tender feel about the caseworker's death?
4. After finding out that Tender Branson is the last remaining survivor of the Creedish church, who tries to get into contact with him and what do they want?
5. What diseases does the caseworker diagnose Tender with, and why does she do this?
6. Who is Trevor Hollis and what happens between Trevor and Tender Branson?
7. Describe Tender's job and the duties involved.
8. What is Tender told about the outside world the night before he leaves the Creedish Church District, and who is the source of the information?
9. What did Tender Branson learn in school as a tender, and what rules is he supposed to follow in the outside world?
10. After Tender's first "date" with Fertility, he returns to his apartment and picks up the ringing phone, thinking it will be Fertility. Who is on the other end and what is the conversation between Tender and the caller?
This section contains 1,193 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)