|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tender was born how long after his older brother?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three minutes.
2. The day after the date where Fertility explains her dreams to Tender, who bombards him with phone calls?
(b) His caseworker.
(c) Potential suicide victims.
(d) Agents and producers.
3. What does the caseworker tell Tender about the suicide rate after he receives his mysterious phone call?
(a) The suicide rate has leveled off.
(b) The suicide rate is up.
(c) The suicide rate is down.
(d) There are no more survivors to commit suicide.
4. Where does Tender's name come from?
(a) It is his rank in Creedish culture.
(b) It is his grandfather's name.
(c) He had it changed when he moved to the outside world.
(d) His mother made it up.
5. What was started to help protect remaining members of the Creedish Church "cult"?
(a) The Creedish Coalition.
(b) Creedish Aid Fund.
(c) The Survivor Retention Program.
(d) The Last Members of the Creedish Church Association.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Fertility is reminiscing about Trevor while on her first "date" with Tender, what does she ask Tender to do?
2. Who is permitted to marry in the Creedish Church?
3. After his first "date" with Fertility, Tender returns to his apartment and receives a call from a man. What does he say?
4. Where does Fertility tell Tender that Trevor took her when Trevor was still alive?
5. How does Tender feel when he sees the obituaries of the suicide deaths?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening as the novel opens?
2. What is the discussion between Tender and his caseworker after he believes he has taken a call from the killer of the Creedish survivors? Why does she tell him not to worry?
3. Who does Tender encounter while on the bus with Fertility? How does he react and what comment does Fertility make about the encounter later?
4. When Tender asks Fertility about the guy that she met in the cemetery, what thoughts and observations does she share about him?
5. How does naming or rank work in the Creedish Church culture?
6. What happens when Tender and Fertility are on the bus on their third date?
7. What does the caseworker usually ask Tender about, and how does he respond?
8. After the agent arranges to pick Tender up, what does Tender call Fertility from the plane to ask her and what is her response?
9. Why is Adam allowed to get married while Tender is sent out into the world to work?
10. Why does Tender steal the flowers from the cemetery and what does he say he is doing with them when people ask?
This section contains 1,201 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)