|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the caseworker diagnose Tender with a new disease every week?
(a) Because he doesn't have any disorders.
(b) She is trying to get a graduate degree in psychology.
(c) She just wants to do it for fun.
(d) Because she can't figure out his real problems.
2. What was started to help protect remaining members of the Creedish Church "cult"?
(a) The Creedish Coalition.
(b) The Last Members of the Creedish Church Association.
(c) The Survivor Retention Program.
(d) Creedish Aid Fund.
3. Where does Tender meet Fertility for their first "date"?
(a) Her apartment.
(b) The cemetery.
(c) A local nightclub.
(d) A French restaurant.
4. How does the caseworker feel when she cures Tender of his "diseases"?
5. When did the tenders and biddies in the Creedish Church have to leave the colony?
(a) When they turned eighteen.
(b) After they received a vision.
(c) After they were baptized.
(d) When the church elders received a vision.
Short Answer Questions
1. In chapter 36, who is Tender convinced that he received a phone call from?
2. Who does Fertility think Tender is when she sees him at the cemetery?
3. What was the name of the book that the caseworker gave Tender to read?
4. What does Tender do on the phone so Fertility won't recognize him as the guy from the cemetery?
5. What does Tender say happens now when he sees a fellow Creedish Church member?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Tender reveal is the practice for the tenders and biddies before they go out into the real world? What do they do in preparation?
2. What is the discussion between Tender and his caseworker after he believes he has taken a call from the killer of the Creedish survivors? Why does she tell him not to worry?
3. What is Tender told about the outside world the night before he leaves the Creedish Church District, and who is the source of the information?
4. Describe Tender's job and the duties involved.
5. After Tender's first "date" with Fertility, he returns to his apartment and picks up the ringing phone, thinking it will be Fertility. Who is on the other end and what is the conversation between Tender and the caller?
6. Who is Trevor Hollis and what happens between Trevor and Tender Branson?
7. After the agent arranges to pick Tender up, what does Tender call Fertility from the plane to ask her and what is her response?
8. What was done to inspire the tenders and the biddies to get "perfect" before they left for the real world? What does Tender say about this?
9. What does the caseworker usually ask Tender about, and how does he respond?
10. What happens when Tender and Fertility are on the bus on their third date?
This section contains 1,261 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)