|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tender do with the flowers he collects at the cemetery?
(a) Plants them in his employers' yard.
(b) Stores them in his house.
(c) Gives them to women.
(d) Sell them on eBay.
2. What does Fertility do when Tender upsets her on their third date?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She ignores him.
(c) She hits him.
(d) She yells at him.
3. Which of the following disorders is NOT one that the caseworker diagnoses Tender with?
4. Who does Fertility say her boss will ask for if he calls "phone Tender"?
5. What does Tender do after the pilot leaves the plane?
(a) He goes to the bathroom out of the plane.
(b) He searches the luggage for money.
(c) He blows the plane up.
(d) He jumps out of the plane also.
6. What does the caseworker use while helping at Tender's employers' house?
(a) A strong mix of ammonia and bleach.
(b) Lemon pledge.
(c) His employers' car.
(d) A shovel.
7. What does Fertility want to do for "cemetery Tender"?
(a) She wants to sleep with him.
(b) She wants to help him come out of the closet.
(c) She wants to give him a makeover.
(d) She wants to help him embrace his past.
8. What kind of jokes does someone start to make on Fertility and Tender's third date?
(a) Creedish jokes.
(b) Knock-Knock jokes.
(c) Blonde jokes.
(d) Fat jokes.
9. What does Tender's caseworker think about the suspicious suicides of the remaining Creedish Church members?
(a) She thinks they have some sort of pact.
(b) She thinks Tender has told them to kill themselves.
(c) She thinks the police are involved.
(d) She thinks someone is killing the remaining survivors.
10. What does Fertility Hollis ask Tender when she calls his suicide hotline?
(a) "Is your name Tender Branson?"
(b) "Did you tell my brother to kill himself?"
(c) "Does it hurt very much to die?"
(d) "Should I kill myself?"
11. What is the main character's family name?
12. What does Tender get the night before he is to go out into the real world?
(a) A wife.
(b) A new name.
(c) A hair cut.
(d) A bunch of money.
13. What does Fertility agree to do in order to meet "phone Tender"?
(a) To sleep with the guy from the cemetery.
(b) To take the guy from the cemetery on a date.
(c) To get a haircut.
(d) To set Tender's employers' house on fire.
14. Who does Tender want to talk to his caseworker about?
(a) His employers.
(b) His landlord.
(c) Fertility Hollis.
(d) His family.
15. When Fertility calls Tender over the suicide hotline, what does she say is her reason for never being able to date the guy from the cemetery?
(a) He is really ugly.
(b) He was mean to her.
(c) He is too old.
(d) He used to date her brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her first "date" with Tender, what does Fertility ask "phone Tender" when she calls him?
2. How does the caseworker feel when she cures Tender of his "diseases"?
3. Where does the caseworker come to meet Tender?
4. In chapter 36, who is Tender convinced that he received a phone call from?
5. As Fertility is reminiscing about Trevor while on her first "date" with Tender, what does she ask Tender to do?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)