|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Tender start doing after he learned of the suicides of those in the Survivor Retention Program?
(b) Smoking and drinking.
2. What did the media label the Creedish Church?
(a) The Animal Sacrifice Cult.
(b) The Child Endangerment Cult.
(c) The Crazy Cult.
(d) The Child Slave Cult.
3. What was the name of the book that the caseworker gave Tender to read?
(a) "Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders."
(b) "The Catcher in the Rye."
(c) "The Disease Management Manual."
(d) "How to Love and Heal Yourself."
4. Why does Fertility become upset with Tender on their third date?
(a) He refuses to laugh at the jokes.
(b) He tries to kiss her.
(c) He makes fat jokes.
(d) He laughs at the Creedish jokes.
5. What is the name of Fertility's boss?
(a) Dr. Branson.
(b) Mr. Thompson.
(c) Dr. Ambrose.
(d) Mr. Amir.
6. How does the pilot get off of the hijacked plane?
(a) He parachutes out.
(b) Tender throws him out the emergency exit.
(c) He deplanes with the other passengers.
(d) He stays on the plane until it crashes.
7. How long has Tender had a caseworker?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
8. What does Tender get the night before he is to go out into the real world?
(a) A hair cut.
(b) A wife.
(c) A new name.
(d) A bunch of money.
9. When they learn that Tender is the last surviving member of the Creedish church, what is his caseworker afraid of?
(a) That he will commit suicide.
(b) That he will run away.
(c) That he will seek fame.
(d) That he will crash a plane.
10. What does Fertility agree to do in order to meet "phone Tender"?
(a) To get a haircut.
(b) To sleep with the guy from the cemetery.
(c) To take the guy from the cemetery on a date.
(d) To set Tender's employers' house on fire.
11. What does "phone Tender" initially tell Fertility she has to do before he can meet her in person?
(a) Get a haircut.
(b) Steal some flowers for him.
(c) Sleep with the man from the cemetery.
(d) Set his employers' house on fire.
12. As Fertility is reminiscing about Trevor while on her first "date" with Tender, what does she ask Tender to do?
(a) To tell her about the time he spent with Trevor.
(b) To steal some flowers for her.
(c) To waltz with her.
(d) To kiss her.
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the phrases spoken between Creedish Church members in the outside world?
(a) May you live long and prosper.
(b) May our efforts bring all those around us to Heaven.
(c) May you die with all your work complete.
(d) May you be a complete service in your lifetime.
14. Why does the caseworker diagnose Tender with a new disease every week?
(a) She just wants to do it for fun.
(b) She is trying to get a graduate degree in psychology.
(c) Because he doesn't have any disorders.
(d) Because she can't figure out his real problems.
15. Tender gives detailed instructions to his employers on the proper way to eat a certain food? What was that food?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before Tender is sent out to work, who tells him about the "real world"?
2. What does Tender say that the tenders in the Creedish community were not allowed to have?
3. What does the caseworker tell Tender about the suicide rate after he receives his mysterious phone call?
4. What is the main character's family name?
5. What event would occur when God called the Creedish to save them from apocalypse?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)