|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, for whom did room need to be made in the camp?
2. How old did Elias say that he was in Chapter 9?
3. What was Alfred L.'s occupation?
4. In Chapter 17, how old was Charles, the schoolteacher, who was in the infirmary with Levi?
5. In Chapter 17, how long had the French provincials in the Ka-Be with Levi been in the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what job did Levi perform with Jean?
2. How did Jean make himself indispensable to Alex in Chapter 11?
3. What was a "mussulman"?
4. Who were most of the non-Jewish Prominents?
5. Why did Levi get sent to Ka-Be in Chapter 17?
6. Why was a man hung in Chapter 15?
7. Why did Levi live through the great selection of October 1944 with tranquility?
8. Who were the Prominents?
9. What was a Pikolo?
10. In Chapter 12, when and from where did convoys begin to arrive?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 7, Levi described a good day. What two things happened on that day to make it good? Why did the sun mean so much? Why was an additional amount of soup welcomed? Why did two small things make such a difference in it being a good or bad day?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 9, Levi described the camp as an experiment. How did the conditions and the people interred in the camp make Levi think of an experiment? Why did he believe the camp embodied controls more stringent than even the most serious experimenter might impose? What did the experiment prove or disprove?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 1, the Jews were told they were being moved out of Fossoli, they knew they might die. Why did they think they might die? How did old Gattegno face what might have been their last night? How did mothers spend what might be their last night? How did others prepare for possible death?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)