|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lashes was Stein given?
2. In Chapter 17, when did Levi end up in Ka-Be?
3. What was Elias Lindzin's number?
4. How old did Elias say that he was in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 13, how long had Sattler been in the camp?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what job did Levi perform with Jean?
2. Why did Levi live through the great selection of October 1944 with tranquility?
3. Why did Levi get sent to Ka-Be in Chapter 17?
4. What did Jean and Levi discuss on the way to get the ration in Chapter 11?
5. How did Jean make himself indispensable to Alex in Chapter 11?
6. Who was Schepschel?
7. Who was the head of the Chemical Kommando?
8. In Chapter 13, what did the coming of winter mean?
9. Why was it highly unlikely that Levi or his comrades would be able to pass the examination to get into the Chemical Kommando?
10. Who were the Prominents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 8, Levi believed that the lines between good and evil and just and unjust were blurred. What was the main example that Levi described to prove his point? Why didn't he believe that morals could survive in the camp?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 3, Steinlauf referred to the prisoners as slaves. In what way were the prisoners slaves? What had they lost? Why didn't Steinlauf consider himself and the other prisoners?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 12, Levi and others had relationships with civilians. What were most of these relationships like? What material need did a civilian provide Levi? How did some civilians look at the prisoners? Why did they help them anyway?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)