|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, for whom did room need to be made in the camp?
2. In Chapter 13, how old did Levi urge Wertheimer to claim he was?
3. What was Alfred L.'s occupation?
4. How many children did Elias Lindzen have?
5. Who were the "mussulmans"?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Blockaltester set up a system of control to make sure the prisoners took showers?
2. In Chapter 11, what job did Levi perform with Jean?
3. Who was the head of the Chemical Kommando?
4. Why did Levi get sent to Ka-Be in Chapter 17?
5. Who was selected to work in the laboratory in Chapter 15?
6. At the beginning of Chapter 15, how many remain from Levi's convoy?
7. In Chapter 14, what did Levi believe would be positive happiness?
8. What was "Operation File"?
9. Who were most of the non-Jewish Prominents?
10. Why would the Poles keep the knowledge that a selection was imminent to themselves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 14, the prisoners often found something good in even the very bad. If it was rainy, what might the prisoners be glad about? How did infinitesimal things keep prisoners from despair? If it really got bad, what did they always feel that they could resort to? Were the prisoners more optimists or pessimists?
Essay Topic 2
In Chapter 8, Levi believed that the lines between good and evil and just and unjust were blurred. What was the main example that Levi described to prove his point? Why didn't he believe that morals could survive in the camp?
Essay Topic 3
In Chapter 10, Levi was assigned to the Chemical Kommando. How skilled were the workers in the Kommando? How skilled was the Kapo? What qualification did Levi have that made him suited for work in the Chemical Kommando? How did he demonstrate his suitability for the work?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)