|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Kraus Pali from?
2. How much did the Blockaltester pay for the disks that Alberto made in Chapter 16?
(a) 3 rations of bread.
(b) 5 rations of bread.
(c) 10 rations of bread.
(d) 2 rations of bread.
3. In Chapter 13, what time did the English prisoners leave the carbide factory?
(a) 4:30 p.m.
(b) 4:15 p.m.
(c) 3:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
4. What was Elias Lindzin's number?
5. In Chapter 12, how long had Levi been in the camp?
(a) 4 months.
(b) 7 months.
(c) 5 months.
(d) 6 months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how many other men were in the room where Levi was sent in the infirmary?
2. How many bricks could Elias Lindzen carry balanced on his head?
3. How tall was Elias Lindzin?
4. How many bunks were in the room in the infirmary where Levi was sent in Chapter 17?
5. What would Schepschel steal occasionally in Buna?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what news did the prisoners hear and how did it make them feel?
2. Why did Levi live through the great selection of October 1944 with tranquility?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 15, how many remain from Levi's convoy?
4. How was the camp evacuated in Chapter 17?
5. How did Levi smuggle a broom into the Lager?
6. In Chapter 13, what did the coming of winter mean?
7. Why was it highly unlikely that Levi or his comrades would be able to pass the examination to get into the Chemical Kommando?
8. What did Jean and Levi discuss on the way to get the ration in Chapter 11?
9. Why did Levi get sent to Ka-Be in Chapter 17?
10. Why was a man hung in Chapter 15?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)