|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would the prisoners pick from the ground and chew during bombardments in Chapter 12?
(a) Grass and weeds.
(c) Chicory leaves and dandelions.
2. In Chapter 15, how many prisoners arrived in the Lager from the Lodz ghetto?
3. During winter, how many prisoners died?
(a) 8 out of 10.
(b) 5 out of 10.
(c) 6 out of 10.
(d) 7 out of 10.
4. What was in the soup in Chapter 11?
(c) Carrots and onions.
(d) Cabbages and turnips.
5. In Chapter 13, how long had Sattler been in the camp?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 6 months.
(c) 20 days.
(d) 15 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how old did Levi urge Wertheimer to claim he was?
2. In Chapter 17, how many men went on the twelve-mile march?
3. In Chapter 12, how long had Levi been in the camp?
4. How large was the Quartermaster's office?
5. Who were the "mussulmans"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what did Levi believe would be positive happiness?
2. Why was it better to be beaten than to work to exhaustion?
3. Why did Levi get sent to Ka-Be in Chapter 17?
4. At the beginning of Chapter 15, how many remain from Levi's convoy?
5. How did the Blockaltester set up a system of control to make sure the prisoners took showers?
6. In Chapter 16, why did Alberto and Levi need a zinc-pot, and where did they get one from?
7. In Chapter 13, what did the coming of winter mean?
8. Why was it highly unlikely that Levi or his comrades would be able to pass the examination to get into the Chemical Kommando?
9. In Chapter 12, when and from where did convoys begin to arrive?
10. How did Levi smuggle a broom into the Lager?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)