|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Jean in Chapter 11?
2. How large was the Quartermaster's office?
(a) 7 yards by 4.
(b) 10 yards by 6.
(c) 8 yards by 8.
(d) 5 yards by 6.
3. How old were those who served as Pikolo usually?
(c) About 20.
(d) No more than 17.
4. How much did the Blockaltester pay for the disks that Alberto made in Chapter 16?
(a) 10 rations of bread.
(b) 5 rations of bread.
(c) 2 rations of bread.
(d) 3 rations of bread.
5. In Chapter 16, how many celluloid labels did Alberto receive every morning?
(b) About fifty.
(d) Several hundred.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what was the first language of the camp?
2. In Chapter 13, how many minutes did it take for the SS to sort through a hut of 200 men during the selection?
3. What was the official name of the Chemical Kommando?
4. In Chapter 17, how many other men were in the room where Levi was sent in the infirmary?
5. What was in the soup in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Jean make himself indispensable to Alex in Chapter 11?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 15, how many remain from Levi's convoy?
3. What was a "mussulman"?
4. In Chapter 14, what did Levi believe would be positive happiness?
5. How did Levi smuggle a broom into the Lager?
6. In Chapter 12, what news did the prisoners hear and how did it make them feel?
7. Why was it highly unlikely that Levi or his comrades would be able to pass the examination to get into the Chemical Kommando?
8. How was the camp evacuated in Chapter 17?
9. Who was Schepschel?
10. Who was the head of the Chemical Kommando?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)