|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far did Jean and Levi have to walk to collect the ration in Chapter 11?
(a) 1 mile.
(b) 3/4 mile.
(c) 1/2 mile.
(d) 1/4 mile.
2. In Chapter 17, how many men went on the twelve-mile march?
3. How old was Jean in Chapter 11?
4. How many lashes was Stein given?
5. What was Alfred L.'s occupation?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how many other men were in the room where Levi was sent in the infirmary?
2. Who was sleeping when Jean started coming down into the petrol tank?
3. In 1944, how many remained of prisoners whose numbers were lower than 150,000?
4. In Chapter 13, how many minutes did it take for the SS to sort through a hut of 200 men during the selection?
5. In Chapter 16, what would prisoners receive if they didn't emerge wet from the shower?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was it highly unlikely that Levi or his comrades would be able to pass the examination to get into the Chemical Kommando?
2. Who were most of the non-Jewish Prominents?
3. How did Levi smuggle a broom into the Lager?
4. How did Jean make himself indispensable to Alex in Chapter 11?
5. Who was the head of the Chemical Kommando?
6. Why was a man hung in Chapter 15?
7. Why did Levi compare the camp to an experiment?
8. What was a "mussulman"?
9. In Chapter 14, what did Levi believe would be positive happiness?
10. Who was selected to work in the laboratory in Chapter 15?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)