|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old did Wertheimer look in Chapter 13?
2. What was approaching at the beginning of Chapter 16?
(c) New Year's.
3. What would the prisoners pick from the ground and chew during bombardments in Chapter 12?
(a) Chicory leaves and dandelions.
(c) Grass and weeds.
4. How tall was Elias Lindzin?
(a) Not more than 5 feet.
(b) About 6 feet.
(c) 5 feet 10 inches.
(d) 4 feet 11 inches.
5. In Chapter 15, how many Italians from Levi's convoy survived until October?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how old was Charles, the schoolteacher, who was in the infirmary with Levi?
2. Why did Levi have to go to the infirmary in Chapter 17?
3. Because of a detour, how long did it take Jean and Levi to collect the ration in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 13, how long had Chajim been in Lager?
5. How old was Henri?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why was a man hung in Chapter 15?
2. Who was the head of the Chemical Kommando?
3. What was a Pikolo?
4. In Chapter 16, why did Alberto and Levi need a zinc-pot, and where did they get one from?
5. Why did Levi compare the camp to an experiment?
6. What did Jean and Levi discuss on the way to get the ration in Chapter 11?
7. Where would the prisoners go when the bombardments rained down on the camp?
8. In Chapter 14, what did Levi believe would be positive happiness?
9. At the beginning of Chapter 15, how many remain from Levi's convoy?
10. In Chapter 12, what news did the prisoners hear and how did it make them feel?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)