|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, how old is the man who interprets for the German soldiers and the prisoners?
(b) Around 40.
(d) About 50.
2. How old was Levi when he was captured?
3. In Chapter 5, what material were the mattresses stuffed with?
4. What was sometimes given to the storyteller in Chapter 5?
(a) Bread and broth.
(d) Pinch of tobacco or need full of thread.
5. In Chapter 1, how many minutes did it take the Germans to round up all the fit men?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the population of the camp might be in the infirmary at one time?
2. In Chapter 1 after a few weeks, how many Jews were interred in the camp?
3. By Chapter 7, how long had the Jews of Salonika been in the prison camp?
4. Where was old Gattegno and his family from?
5. How many years did Resynk live in Paris?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Ka-Be?
2. What would Kardos do as he moved around the bunks in Chapter 5?
3. What was Mahorca?
4. What was the sentence for civilians caught buying, selling, or trading with Haftlings?
5. Who were the Jew of Salonika?
6. Why was it so difficult to carry the sleepers?
7. Who was Resnyk?
8. How did Levi describe the washroom?
9. What was "Waschetauschen"?
10. Who was Alberto?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)