|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Levi in prison when his instinct for cleanliness disappeared?
(a) 2 months.
(b) 1 week.
(c) 1 month.
(d) 2 weeks.
2. What was the longest time that a prisoner might spend in the infirmary?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 3 months.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 2 months.
3. In Chapter 2, how old is the man who interprets for the German soldiers and the prisoners?
(a) About 50.
(c) Around 40.
4. What motivated the master of the camp in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 5, in what language were the prisoners told to get up?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, how many times did the Pole wake Levi in the night?
2. After lights out, what time in Chapter 5 did many have to use the bucket?
3. In Chapter 1, when did Germans inspect the camp?
4. Who in Chapter 4 traded food with the dysentery patients so he could stay in the infirmary?
5. By Chapter 7, what was the prisoners' only purpose?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Levi describe the washroom?
2. In Chapter 5, what was the last ceremony of the day?
3. Why did Levi have trouble sleeping in Chapter 3?
4. In Chapter 5, what did Levi often dream?
5. Who was Resnyk?
6. What small reprieve might the prisoners finds during a work day?
7. How did Levi describe the journey on the train to Poland?
8. What was the procedure for entering Ka-Be?
9. In Chapter 7, what made Levi understand why men worshipped the sun?
10. What would Kardos do as he moved around the bunks in Chapter 5?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)