|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 2, what work was done in the camp where Levi and the others were sent?
(a) Manufacturing rifles.
(b) Building cabinets.
(c) Making rubber.
2. From where to where did the men labor at the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) Edge of the fence to huts.
(b) Hut to hut.
(c) Pit to railroad.
(d) Railway to store.
3. Where was Sigi from?
4. What was the nationality of the gigantic Halfling who ensured that all prisoners removed their shoes before entering the infirmary?
5. How many years were the Germans busy with the Buna factory?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Levi and his companions set up a resistance movement?
2. In Chapter 8, what was the nationality of the prisoners who had arrived three days ago and were providing new shirts for the prisoners?
3. In Chapter 1, when the Jews were to be moved from the camp, how many would be shot for every person who was missing at roll-call?
4. What did the Pole leave in Levi's care when he went to the hospital?
5. What was Resnyk's nationality?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 2, where were Levi and the others taken first?
2. Why did release from the infirmary required a painful and dangerous period of readjustment?
3. What was Mahorca?
4. How was Levi injured in Chapter 4?
5. In Chapter 8, what could be seen when the sun shone?
6. Who were the Jew of Salonika?
7. How did Levi describe the washroom?
8. What was the black market?
9. Who was old Gattegno and his family?
10. How and where was Levi captured?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)