|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what was the nationality of the prisoners who had arrived three days ago and were providing new shirts for the prisoners?
2. What service did Kardos provide in Chapter 5?
(a) Tending foot wounds and corns.
(b) Providing massages.
(c) Sharing bread.
(d) Reciting stories.
3. How long was the author in Ka-Be for the wound on his foot?
(a) 14 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 3 weeks.
(d) 20 days.
4. By Chapter 7, what was the prisoners' only purpose?
(b) Make it to spring.
(d) Live another day.
5. Which person from the Kommando had the duty of toilet companion in Chapter 6?
Short Answer Questions
1. What conviction did Levi believe was rooted in the fiber of everyone and a property of the human substance?
2. What was Wachsmann's occupation?
3. How long was Levi in prison when his instinct for cleanliness disappeared?
4. What type of floor was in the washroom?
5. What motivated the master of the camp in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what did Levi often dream?
2. What would Kardos do as he moved around the bunks in Chapter 5?
3. What happened to Schmulek in Chapter 4?
4. What was the morning routine in Chapter 3?
5. In Chapter 7, what made Levi understand why men worshipped the sun?
6. In Chapter 2, where were Levi and the others taken first?
7. Later, what did Levi learn about the fate of the men and women who traveled with him?
8. What was "Waschetauschen"?
9. Why did release from the infirmary required a painful and dangerous period of readjustment?
10. Who was old Gattegno and his family?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)