|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By Chapter 16, how many hangings had Levi seen?
2. In Chapter 13, how many days had the crematorium chimney been smoking?
3. What was the month in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 13, who were the first to hear rumors that a selection was coming?
5. What was Alfred L. paid for cleaning the Polish workers' pots?
(a) Shoes once a month.
(b) Half a ration of bread daily.
(c) Half a ladleful of soup daily.
(d) Extra shirt once a month.
6. Who was sleeping when Jean started coming down into the petrol tank?
7. What was Monsieur Pinkert's position as a civilian?
(c) Attache to the Belgian embassy in Warsaw.
(d) Minister of Health in Poland.
8. What did Levi and Alberto want to do for Lorenzo to thank him for his kindness?
(a) Get him new pants.
(b) Get him a jacket.
(c) Get him a shirt.
(d) Have his shoes repaired.
9. Last spring, how many men lived in two huge tents?
(a) Over 1,000.
(d) About 500.
10. How long had Schepschel been living in the Lager by Chapter 9?
(a) 18 months.
(b) 12 months.
(c) 2 years.
(d) 4 years.
11. When did the bombardments of Upper Silesia begin?
(a) July 1944.
(b) September 1944.
(c) August 1944.
(d) May 1944.
12. In Chapter 17, how many other men were in the room where Levi was sent in the infirmary?
13. How old were those who served as Pikolo usually?
(c) About 20.
(d) No more than 17.
14. In Chapter 11, how many prisoners were scraping and cleaning the inside of a petrol tank?
15. In Chapter 12, what was the second language in the camp?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, how long had Chajim been in Lager?
2. In Chapter 17, when did Levi end up in Ka-Be?
3. How old was Jean in Chapter 11?
4. For how many months did an Italian civilian worker bring Levi a piece of bread and the remainder of his ration every day?
5. How old did Wertheimer look in Chapter 13?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)