|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Henri to cut off every tie of affection?
(a) Death of his uncle.
(b) Death of his grandfather.
(c) Death of his brother.
(d) Death of a cousin.
2. In Chapter 12, what was the first language of the camp?
3. In Chapter 10, of the twelve men left in Levi's Kommando, how many were not chemists?
4. In Chapter 13, how old did Levi urge Wertheimer to claim he was?
5. In Chapter 17, how many other men were in the room where Levi was sent in the infirmary?
6. In Chapter 17, when did Levi end up in Ka-Be?
(a) January 11, 1945.
(b) February 3, 1945.
(c) March 30, 1945.
(d) December 13, 1944.
7. In Chapter 12, during conditions of emergency, what was the penalty for thievery?
(a) Solitary confinement.
(b) Firing squad.
(c) Being whipped.
8. In Chapter 17, how many men went on the twelve-mile march?
9. When did the bombardments of Upper Silesia begin?
(a) July 1944.
(b) May 1944.
(c) August 1944.
(d) September 1944.
10. How long had Schepschel been living in the Lager by Chapter 9?
(a) 2 years.
(b) 18 months.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 12 months.
11. How old was Alred L.?
(c) About 50.
(d) About 40.
12. In Chapter 17, how long had the French provincials in the Ka-Be with Levi been in the camp?
(a) A month.
(b) 15 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) A week.
13. What was in the soup in Chapter 11?
(c) Cabbages and turnips.
(d) Carrots and onions.
14. How old did Elias say that he was in Chapter 9?
15. How much did the pot with the ration weigh in Chapter 11?
(a) Over 100 pounds.
(b) 75 pounds.
(c) 50 pounds.
(d) About 150 pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 13, who were the first to hear rumors that a selection was coming?
2. In Chapter 16, how many pints of soup were brought from the Italian civilian workers?
3. How many children did Schepschel have?
4. How far did Jean and Levi have to walk to collect the ration in Chapter 11?
5. How many lashes was Stein given?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)