|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator feels the misunderstood face what two possibilities?
(a) They will be forced to conform to others' ideas of normal.
(b) They will be forced to explain themselves.
(c) They will be forced to learn a new language.
(d) They will either end up in the hospital or the zoo.
2. What happens when the group goes in search of the rock painting?
(a) They cannot find it.
(b) The narrator and Joe get in an argument.
(c) David decides to fish again.
(d) They find it and film it for Random Samples.
3. The narrator awakes to the sound of
(a) Joe standing above her.
(b) Voices in the woods.
(c) A motorboat approaching.
(d) Her father's presence.
4. In the morning Anna assumes
(a) The narrator has accepted her father's death.
(b) The narrator and Joe have gotten back together.
(c) The narrator and Joe have run off together.
(d) The narrator wants them all to leave.
5. David is interested in the dead bird
(a) Only as a biological specimen.
(b) Because he is hungry.
(c) Only as a Random Sample
(d) Because he cares about animals.
6. As the narrator gardens, she finally
(a) Decides to search for her father's body.
(b) Cries over the death of her parents.
(c) Eats the overgrown vegetables.
(d) Finds the gift her parents left for her.
7. The narrator rejects David's offer to
(a) Take her back to town.
(b) Help her fish for dinner.
(c) Help her paddle the canoe.
(d) Help her sell the cabin and land.
8. The narrator decides she does not hate men but
(b) Married people.
9. The narrator is afraid of doors because
(a) She is afraid of wood.
(b) She cannot see through them.
(c) She always walks into them.
(d) She feels they keep nature out.
10. The narrator believes the others have locked the cabin door to
(a) Keep her parents out.
(b) Keep her from finding her parents.
(c) Punish her.
(d) Drive her back to the village.
11. David claims to have humiliated Anna because
(a) She enjoys it.
(b) She needs to be put in her place.
(c) She is unfaithful to him.
(d) She does not love him.
12. While she searches, who arrives by boat?
(a) Her father.
(b) Paul and the police.
(c) Her brother.
(d) Paul and the surveyor.
13. What is the narrator's plan at the start of the chapter?
(a) She plans to visit another of her father's marked locations.
(b) She plans to leave the island.
(c) She plans to tell Joe she is leaving him.
(d) She plans to tell the others to leave without her.
14. The narrator brings one blanket with her because
(a) She needs it for camouflage.
(b) She is afraid to be naked outside.
(c) She will make a tent out of it.
(d) She will need it for warmth until her fur grows.
15. As the narrator considers her predicament, she decides that perhaps the searchers
(a) Were only interested in buying her land.
(b) Only came to laugh at her strangeness.
(c) Only came to warn her about the approaching fall and winter.
(d) Had come to prevent her from becoming fully animal.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator decides that the spot her father marked on the map was not for a cave painting but for
2. What does the narrator do while Joe and David carry the canoe up to the cabin?
3. Joe wants to know
4. In the garden the narrator prays
5. The narrator is searching for
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)