|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the narrator give Joe for refusing to sleep with him?
(a) She says she knows he slept with Anna.
(b) She says she is working out her problems alone.
(c) She says she does not love him.
(d) She says she will get pregnant.
2. The narrator awakes to the sound of
(a) Joe standing above her.
(b) Voices in the woods.
(c) Her father's presence.
(d) A motorboat approaching.
3. What object does the narrator search for without success before leaving the cabin?
(a) Her mother's leather jacket.
(b) Her mother's camera.
(c) Her father's camera.
(d) Her father's maps.
4. The narrator cleanses herself of her human skin by
(a) Refusing to eat or drink.
(b) Taking a long shower in the cabin.
(c) Harshly scrubbing her skin with a scrub brush.
(d) Bathing in the lake and leaving her clothes behind.
5. The narrator seduces Joe because
(a) She loves him after all.
(b) She wants revenge on Anna.
(c) She wants to make up with him.
(d) She wants to get pregnant.
6. What is the narrator's plan at the start of the chapter?
(a) She plans to leave the island.
(b) She plans to tell the others to leave without her.
(c) She plans to tell Joe she is leaving him.
(d) She plans to visit another of her father's marked locations.
7. As the narrator considers her predicament, she decides that perhaps the searchers
(a) Were only interested in buying her land.
(b) Only came to laugh at her strangeness.
(c) Had come to prevent her from becoming fully animal.
(d) Only came to warn her about the approaching fall and winter.
8. What happens when the group goes in search of the rock painting?
(a) They find it and film it for Random Samples.
(b) David decides to fish again.
(c) The narrator and Joe get in an argument.
(d) They cannot find it.
9. The narrator compares Anna to
(a) A burned leech.
(b) A tomato.
(c) A striped candy cane.
(d) A pink rabbit.
10. David claims to have humiliated Anna because
(a) She needs to be put in her place.
(b) She is unfaithful to him.
(c) She does not love him.
(d) She enjoys it.
11. At night the narrator
(a) Lures Joe outside with her.
(b) Tries to leave the cabin unnoticed.
(c) Pretends she is asleep when Joe comes in.
(d) Faces the fact that her father is dead.
12. The narrator is afraid of doors because
(a) She feels they keep nature out.
(b) She always walks into them.
(c) She cannot see through them.
(d) She is afraid of wood.
13. What does the narrator refuse to do for David?
(a) She refuses to appear in his film.
(b) She refuses to take him fishing.
(c) She refuses to kill a fish for him.
(d) She refuses to talk to Anna for him.
14. The narrator decides she does not hate men but
(a) Married people.
15. At the end of the chapter Anna describes the narrator as
(a) A goody two-shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator describes the child inside her as
2. What does the narrator do before leaving the cabin?
3. As the narrator gardens, she finally
4. The narrator decides that David, Anna, and Joe
5. The narrator does not know what to do next because
This section contains 634 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)