|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator believes her father
(a) Has revealed her to the searchers.
(b) Can change shapes.
(c) Has come back to take her with him.
(d) Can see her in the dark.
2. The narrator is afraid of doors because
(a) She is afraid of wood.
(b) She cannot see through them.
(c) She feels they keep nature out.
(d) She always walks into them.
3. According to the new rules
(a) All meat is forbidden.
(b) All human contact is forbidden.
(c) All plants are forbidden.
(d) All enclosed spaces are forbidden.
4. When the narrator finds her brothers "collection,"
(a) She tells her parents.
(b) She confronts her brother.
(c) She feeds the animals.
(d) She frees the animals.
5. The rules are over because
(a) The narrator wants to go home.
(b) The searchers have ruined her lair.
(c) The narrator's parents have returned to the earth.
(d) The narrator cannot remember them.
6. The narrator cannot understand the searchers because
(a) They are too far away to be heard.
(b) She no longer recognizes French or English.
(c) They are speaking Spanish.
(d) She no longer hears the sounds from human mouths.
7. The footprints the narrator thought belonged to her father
(a) Were actually her own.
(b) Belonged to a wild animal.
(c) Belonged to one of the searchers.
(d) Were actually her mother's.
8. Anna confesses
(a) That she is leaving David when they return.
(b) That she still loves David.
(c) That she has never loved David.
(d) That sometimes she thinks David wants a divorce.
9. The narrator does not know what to do next because
(a) She is still waiting for her father to return.
(b) She wishes she would have left with the others.
(c) She has decided to sell her place to the surveyor.
(d) She feels her power has drained away.
10. In the garden the narrator prays
(a) That Joe will come back for her.
(b) That all the Americans will die.
(c) That her parents will return to her.
(d) That the forest will take care for her.
11. David reveals that Anna
(a) Had sex with Joe.
(b) Will not sleep with him anymore.
(c) Has told him the narrator's secrets.
(d) Has never loved him.
12. Finally, the narrator accepts that her parents were
(a) Afraid of each other.
13. The searchers hear the narrator when she
(a) Begins to run through the forest.
(b) Calls out to be left alone.
(c) Starts up their motorboat.
(d) Cannot hold back her laughter.
14. Joe wants to know
(a) If the narrator is pregnant.
(b) If the narrator is leaving him.
(c) If the narrator is losing her mind.
(d) If the narrator loves him now.
15. Reflecting on David, the narrator feels
(a) Rage against him.
(b) Loneliness for his presence.
(c) Only a desire to free Anna from him.
(d) Only sorrow for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. As the narrator considers her predicament, she decides that perhaps the searchers
2. What is the narrator's plan at the start of the chapter?
3. The narrator plans to hide her pregnancy because
4. The narrator describes the child inside her as
5. The narrator decides she does not hate men but
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)