|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator remembers a tugboat with a house on it that appealed to her because
(a) She could escape her parents with a boat like that.
(b) She could move any time she wished, taking only the people she wanted to be around.
(c) The people on the boat seemed to be having fun.
(d) Her goal was to live on the water.
2. The narrator compares Anna's cries to
(a) The cries of the heron.
(b) A cry for help from God.
(c) The sounds of the woodland animals.
(d) An animal's when caught in a trap.
3. At the end of the chapter the narrator describes herself as
(a) A magician.
(b) Without words to describe her feelings.
(c) Numb and detached.
(d) Bleeding and in pain.
4. The narrator claims to rehearse
(a) Facts and figures.
(b) Disaster scenarios.
5. The description of the tourists who visit the town implies
(a) The narrator feels they are imposters.
(b) The narrator is indifferent to their presence.
(c) The narrator feels hatred and hostility toward them.
(d) The narrator appreciates their contribution to the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. David is most interested in
2. The narrator rejects David's offer to
3. When the narrator meets the "Americans" she learns
4. The narrator describes Anna as
5. Reviewing her father's papers, the narrator discovers
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)