|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 18.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As she travels through the town, the narrator feels
(a) Angry that so much has changed.
(b) Sorry that she ever left for the city.
(c) Overwhelmed with love.
(d) No nostalgia or emotion of any kind.
2. The narrator reports that she is beginning to suspect
(a) That she is somehow different from her guests.
(b) That her father is alive.
(c) That her head and body are somehow separate.
(d) That she cannot communicate in English.
3. The narrator finally recovers the memory of
(a) Her wedding day.
(b) Being born.
(c) Finding her drowned brother.
(d) Having an abortion.
4. When the women discuss birth control, the narrator suggests
(a) That women had no choice but to risk their health by taking the pill.
(b) That women had defied men by refusing to take the piill.
(c) That Joe and David did not care about the physical risks to the women.
(d) That sex without risk or consequences is unnatural.
5. The narrator decides she does not hate men but
(d) Married people.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator describes the lake as
2. Anna hides her face from David because
3. The narrator believes her parents never took down the chicken-wire enclosure because
4. After her experience in the water, the narrator feels
5. Though David catches the fish, the narrator must
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)