|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Paul assumes the narrator is traveling with her husband because
(a) She is obviously traveling with a man.
(b) Women are not safe to travel alone in that part of Canada.
(c) She has not told anyone she is divorced.
(d) She has told him she will bring a man along.
2. Instead of reading or playing bridge, the group decides to
(a) Tell each other stories about their childhoods.
(b) Have a bonfire.
(c) Smoke pot out by the lake.
(d) Hunt for the next day's breakfast.
3. Though the narrator has memorized survival guides, she realizes that it is still possible
(a) To learn more about nature.
(b) To lose one's way.
(c) To forget which plants are edible and which are not.
(d) To detach herself from nature entirely.
4. The narrator discovers Anna
(a) Putting on her make-up early in the morning.
(b) Weeding the garden for her.
(c) Sneaking a cigarette outside.
(d) Digging through her old scrapbooks.
5. The narrator reveals that she has not visited her parents here because
(a) There would be too much to forgive.
(b) She thought her parents would live forever.
(c) She always felt out of place here.
(d) There would be too many explanations.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator describes her job as
2. The narrator tells Paul
3. Though David catches the fish, the narrator must
4. At the end of the chapter the narrator decides
5. In the flashback about her mother, the narrator reveals
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)