|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator pretends she is working so she can
(a) Avoid Anna's embarrassing confessions.
(b) Have some quiet inside the cabin.
(c) Hide from David and Joe.
(d) Look through her father's papers again.
2. The narrator takes her guests to visit what local oddity?
(a) The fountain.
(b) The motel.
(c) The bottle house.
(d) The teepee.
3. What does David want to do with the fish in the morning?
(a) Take a photo with it.
(b) Film it for Random Samples.
(c) Bury it for fertilizer.
(d) Cook it over an open fire.
4. What question does the narrator recall asking her husband on their wedding day?
(a) Why can't we just go on like before?
(b) Do you feel better?
(c) Aren't I good enough for you?
(d) Why are you doing this to me?
5. The narrator believes she is a successful children's book illustrator because
(a) She knows what children like.
(b) She has her own personal style.
(c) She is a savvy businesswoman.
(d) She can imitate anything a publisher wants.
Short Answer Questions
1. David suggests Americans want the land because
2. What happens between the narrator and Joe while picking blueberries?
3. The narrator's attitude toward pain--if it hurts invent a different pain--indicates
4. The narrator says her father's house is difficult to find because
5. The narrator's insistence that does not know the right languages or dialects supports the idea that
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)