|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator reveals that she has not visited her parents here because
(a) She always felt out of place here.
(b) She thought her parents would live forever.
(c) There would be too much to forgive.
(d) There would be too many explanations.
2. David blames the changes in the town and the negative outcomes on
(a) Changing values.
(b) Changing times.
(c) Americans and capitalism.
3. David teaches
(a) English as a Second Language.
(b) Broadcasting classes.
(c) Communication classes.
4. When Paul sees the narrator
(a) He denies having written her.
(b) He confronts her angrily.
(c) He runs to greet her.
(d) He does not recognize her.
5. The first danger the group encounters is
(a) The slippery, rotted dock.
(b) The grizzly bears.
(c) The American fishermen.
(d) The narrator's insane father.
Short Answer Questions
1. The repetition of the word "echoes" in the last paragraph suggests
2. The narrator's attitude toward pain--if it hurts invent a different pain--indicates
3. The narrator takes her guests to visit what local oddity?
4. As she travels through the town, the narrator feels
5. The narrator believes Joe first liked her because
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)