|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say she should have studied instead of art?
2. The fact that the narrator cannot speak the language of her hometown suggests
(a) She rejects the idea that she is French Canadian.
(b) She does not fully identify with it, and does not feel understood.
(c) She does not care about communicating with her parents' friends.
(d) She feels foreign.
3. The narrator is trying to decide
(a) Whether she is falling in love with David.
(b) Whether she loved her first husband.
(c) Whether she loves Joe.
(d) Whether she loved her parents.
4. David and Anna seem to communicate by
(a) Telling others what they think of each other.
(b) Fighting agressively at all times.
(c) Teasing or ignoring each other.
(d) Exchanging silent looks.
5. The narrator reveals that her parents have not forgiven her for
(a) Getting married without them.
(b) Leaving the lake to live in the city.
(c) Living with a man outside of marriage.
(d) Getting divorced and abandoning her child.
Short Answer Questions
1. While the narrator shops, her companions
2. The narrator decides it would be easy for a person who is hiding to
3. David teaches
4. During her visit with Paul, the narrator flashes back on
5. The narrator discovers Anna
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)