|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Anna hides her face from David because
(a) She is sunburned.
(b) She has forgotten her sunscreen.
(c) She is angry at David.
(d) She has forgotten her make-up.
2. When the women discuss birth control, the narrator suggests
(a) That women had defied men by refusing to take the piill.
(b) That Joe and David did not care about the physical risks to the women.
(c) That sex without risk or consequences is unnatural.
(d) That women had no choice but to risk their health by taking the pill.
3. The narrator's insistence that does not know the right languages or dialects supports the idea that
(a) She struggles to communicate with others.
(b) She struggles to interpret foreigners.
(c) She has never been a good student.
(d) She was isolated from French speakers as a child.
4. The narrator finally tells Anna
(a) That she has been married and has a child.
(b) That her father is probably dead.
(c) That Joe has proposed.
(d) That she wants to leave the island.
5. In school pictures, the narrator's face was always
(a) Smiling and happy.
(b) Front and center.
(c) Blurred or turned away.
(d) Serious and frowning.
Short Answer Questions
1. The men take turns taking footage of the wood they have chopped rather than letting the women film them because
2. The narrator fears touching Joe in his sleep because
3. When the narrator finds her brothers "collection,"
4. The narrator pretends she is working so she can
5. The narrator describes her job as
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)