|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The narrator believes she is a successful children's book illustrator because
(a) She has her own personal style.
(b) She is a savvy businesswoman.
(c) She can imitate anything a publisher wants.
(d) She knows what children like.
2. David slips in and out of "a yokel dialect," which implies
(a) He came from the country originally.
(b) He does not know they speak French in Canada.
(c) He has contempt for the town and the people.
(d) His identity is flexible as well.
3. When the narrator finds her brothers "collection,"
(a) She feeds the animals.
(b) She tells her parents.
(c) She confronts her brother.
(d) She frees the animals.
4. David and Anna seem to communicate by
(a) Telling others what they think of each other.
(b) Teasing or ignoring each other.
(c) Fighting agressively at all times.
(d) Exchanging silent looks.
5. While the narrator shops, her companions
(a) Decide to return to the city.
(b) Drink beer in the motel.
(c) Find transportation to the cabin.
(d) Have found a clue about her father.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator pretends she is working so she can
2. After reviewing her father's papers, the narrator decides
3. The narrator finally tells Anna
4. The narrator reports that she is beginning to suspect
5. When the narrator meets the "Americans" she learns
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)