• The narrator and her three companions travel a road she has often traveled as child, returning to the Canadian island where she lived with her parents and brother.
• The narrator is joined by her lover, Joe, and a married couple, David and Anna.
• As they travel the scenery changes from cow pastures to a small town, en route to a French-Canadian village.
• The narrator explains that Anna is her best friend, although she has only known her 2 months.
• The group stops at a house made of glass bottles that the narrator points out so that David and Joe, who are making a film montage called "Random Samples," can record the unusual experience.
• The groups stops to ask for directions, as much has changed since the narrator left.
• The narrator reveals that they have come to look for her father, who may be alive or not.
This section contains 3,187 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)