|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Feynman going to be giving lectures in Brazil?
2. What did people call dragonflies when Feynman was growing up?
3. What does Feynman learn signaled a social mistake at Princeton?
4. What word do the physics students like to tease the mathematics students about in the graduate lounge?
5. What is the name of the scientist that Feynman worked for at General Electric after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Feynman spend the money he makes giving weekend lectures in Buffalo?
2. Who teaches Feynman to use logic to solve math problems?
3. What amusing thing does Feynman discover years after his work at the Metaplast Corporation?
4. What "party trick" does Feynman do with his ability to smell?
5. How does Feynman get to perform with a samba during the Rio carnival?
6. What are Feynman's experience with hypnotism?
7. What is Feynman's "fake Italian"?
8. What does Feynman learn from his experience with the painter?
9. What is Feynman's experience like on his trips to Brazil?
10. What is Feynman's fascination with locks and safes?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss what Feynman calls his "puzzle drive"--the part of him that longs to find the solution to puzzles. Give three detailed examples of how he uses his "puzzle drive" to solve a problem or make a discovery.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss your five favorite Feynman anecdotes and why they resonated with you.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the many things in Feynman's private life that you wouldn't necessarily associate with a professor in physics and a Nobel laureate, and why.
This section contains 1,509 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)