|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Feynman learn signaled a social mistake at Princeton?
2. What is needed to make the patent documents legal for the government?
3. Which language class does Feynman almost take because there was a pretty blond walking into it?
4. What doesn't Feynman like about working at his aunt's hotel?
5. Where is Feynman asked to give a series of lectures in Buffalo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does young Feynman notice about paramecia when he looks at them under a microscope?
2. What strategy for picking up women does Feynman learn from his friend Gloria?
3. What kind of work does Feynman do for the army?
4. What happens when Feynman encounters a Japanese man who wants him to use an abacus to solve math problems?
5. How does Feynman get to perform with a samba during the Rio carnival?
6. Who teaches Feynman to use logic to solve math problems?
7. What was Feynman's role in the Manhattan Project?
8. How does Feynman get a reputation as a "big spender" at a nightclub in New Mexico?
9. What are Feynman's experience with hypnotism?
10. How does Feynman spend the money he makes giving weekend lectures in Buffalo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What do you think was Feynman's purpose for writing this book and how would you characterize his ego?
Essay Topic 2
Bob Wilson, Feynman's colleague from Princeton who convinced him to join the Manhattan project, is beginning to understand the level of human suffering that will come from the thing they have created. Why is he overtaken with guilt and fear? How and when does Feynman express some of the same feelings?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Feynman's fascination with languages and other cultures. What are some of the lessons he takes away from these experiences?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)