|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What equation does Feynman use to amaze the graduate mathematics students at Princeton?
2. What is the machine Feynman designs for the army intended to be used for?
3. What does Ms. Eisenhart think Feynman is joking about at the Princeton tea?
4. What does Feynman use to do his first scent experiment with his wife in her hospital room?
5. To what does Feynman credit his desire to fix radios when he was just a boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of the improvements to his job that young Feynman tries while working at his aunt's hotel?
2. What makes Feynman nervous about attending Princeton and what poses challenges for him?
3. What kind of work does Feynman do for the army?
4. What does Feynman discover about being a member of a fraternity while attending MIT?
5. What "party trick" does Feynman do with his ability to smell?
6. What was Feynman's role in the Manhattan Project?
7. Where does Feynman learn the mind-reading trick he tries on his fellow students at Princeton?
8. How does Feynman's name being on nuclear patents come back to haunt him in years later?
9. What amusing thing does Feynman discover years after his work at the Metaplast Corporation?
10. What are Feynman's experience with the field of biology?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is the teenage Feynman frustrated by the lack of innovation (or interest in innovation) he finds in others?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Feynman's experiences in the field of Biology. What motivates Feynman to explore subjects out of his field of expertise?
Essay Topic 3
In what ways does Feynman approach life like he approaches physics? In what ways is his approach to life different than his approach to science?
This section contains 1,595 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)