|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Feynman's dilemma when he arrives at the airport to go to the conference at the University of North Carolina?
(a) He doesn't know which university is hosting the conference.
(b) He forgot his suitcase.
(c) He has no money for a taxi.
(d) He is there at the wrong time.
2. Feynman does not like the Japanese language because it was too concerned with being _________.
3. What is Feynman doing in the picture in the preface of the Feynman Lectures?
(a) Working in Los Alamos.
(b) Giving a lecture.
(c) Playing drums.
4. Which one of the following does Feynman NOT use as an example of mysticism?
(d) Conspiracy theories.
5. Feynman's friend Jirayr Zorthian would argue that scientist destroyed the beauty of nature when they turned it into _________________.
(c) Mathematical equations.
(d) Dry lectures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Feynman to stay at Caltech?
2. What is the first document Feynman has to sign for the city college?
3. Feynman is involved in the problematic search for the right laws of _______________.
4. What is Feynman going to give a lecture on in Kyoto?
5. How many signatures does Feynman get to before he gives the lecture at the city college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does a group of rabbinical students consult Feynman on scientific matters?
2. Why is Feynman mistaken for a Native American performing a tribal ritual?
3. Why does Professor Bacher want to play a trick on Feynman using Mrs. Smith who speaks Chinese?
4. Who teaches Feynman to have "out of body" experience in the deprivation tank?
5. What is Feynman's experience like when he serves on a committee to choose math textbooks for California?
6. Why is Feynman asked to give a lecture on Mayan math at UCLA?
7. Why is Mrs. Smith flustered when Feynman speaks to her in "fake Chinese"?
8. Why does Feynman decide to stay with Caltech during the bidding war between Caltech and Cornell?
9. What is Feynman's connection to a Pasadena topless bar?
10. How does Feynman immerse himself in Japanese culture while attending a conference in Japan?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)