|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Feynman stay during the conference in New York to give a younger perspective on some position papers?
(a) Holiday Inn.
(b) Jewish Theological Seminary.
(c) Center for Law and Ethics.
(d) Hyatt Regency.
2. As a child, where does Feynman first learn about the Mayans?
(a) New York Museum of Natural History.
(b) York County Fair.
(c) High School Science Fair.
(d) New York World's Fair.
3. The textbooks Feynman evaluates try to combine math with _____________.
(d) Practical applications.
4. What is the topic of the conference at the University of North Carolina that Feynman attends?
(b) Atomic bomb.
5. By how much is Feynman's new theory that he discovers during the Rochester Conference off?
(a) 3 percent.
(b) 12 percent.
(c) 7 percent.
(d) 9 percent.
Short Answer Questions
1. While staying in Syracuse, who gives Feynman good advice about figuring out a complicated theory?
2. Who does Feynman have to write a report for about his time in Brazil?
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Feynman dislikes about Cornell?
4. On what topic does Feynman ask a question on behalf of Martin Block to the other top physicists?
5. What is the topic of the conference Feynman attends in New York to give a younger perspective on some position papers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Feynman give lectures under a false name after winning the Nobel Prize?
2. What does Feynman mean by "cargo cults"?
3. What does Feynman think is the reason Jews are overrepresented in the sciences?
4. What is Feynman's experience like when he serves on a committee to choose math textbooks for California?
5. How does Feynman discover is the way that Nick the Greek makes his money?
6. What convinces Feynman that Japanese culture is more civilized than American culture?
7. Why does Feynman ultimately resign from textbook reviewing?
8. Why does Feynman's refusal to sign a fourteenth signature create confusion for the college's accounting department?
9. Why does Professor Bacher want to play a trick on Feynman using Mrs. Smith who speaks Chinese?
10. Why does a group of rabbinical students consult Feynman on scientific matters?
This section contains 1,110 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)