|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Feynman sent to do research before starting work at Los Alamos?
(a) New York.
(c) Los Angeles
2. What is the name of the scientist that Feynman worked for at General Electric after the war?
(a) Hans Bethe.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Bob Wilson.
(d) Frank Oppenheimer.
3. What did people call dragonflies when Feynman was growing up?
(a) Daring drats.
(b) Darning needles.
(c) Darn beasts.
(d) Dragon stingers.
4. Which scientist was "topnotch" at calculating at Los Alamos?
(a) Hans Bethe.
(b) Bob Wilson.
(c) Paul Olum.
(d) Robert Oppenheimer.
5. For what kind of project does an airline in California offer Feynman a position as director of its laboratory?
(a) Rocket-propelled, nuclear missiles.
(b) Nucelar rockets.
(c) Wind-propelled airplanes.
(d) Nuclear-propelled, rocket airplanes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Feynman's friend Bob Wilson tells him he has been hired to work on a secret project doing what?
2. What product does the Metaplast Corporation make that eventually causes the company to close down?
3. What does Feynman take for one of his humanities credits at MIT?
4. What is the name of the restaurant where Feynman strikes up a conversation with a painter?
5. What is the name of the movie with a psychiatrist that Feynman thinks of during his army physical after the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Feynman get paid one dollar for ideas on nuclear energy?
2. What does young Feynman notice about paramecia when he looks at them under a microscope?
3. What strategy for picking up women does Feynman learn from his friend Gloria?
4. What does Feynman discover about being a member of a fraternity while attending MIT?
5. Why is Feynman rejected by the army draft board?
6. How does Feynman meet Albert Einstein?
7. What does Feynman learn from his experience with the painter?
8. What is the result of the improvements to his job that young Feynman tries while working at his aunt's hotel?
9. What "party trick" does Feynman do with his ability to smell?
10. How does Feynman's name being on nuclear patents come back to haunt him in years later?
This section contains 1,664 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)