|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tutored Feynman's father as a child?
(a) A mindreader.
(b) A hypnotists.
(c) A magician.
(d) A mathematician.
2. During a one-year sabbatical, what does Feynman work on in a biology lab?
3. What does Ms. Eisenhart think Feynman is joking about at the Princeton tea?
(a) Having cream and lemon in his tea.
(b) Requesting a soda instead of tea.
(c) Having two lumps of sugar in his tea.
(d) Asking for coffee instead of tea.
4. Where does Feynman spend a summer working for the army?
(a) New York City.
(d) Washington, DC.
5. What is the machine Feynman designs for the army intended to be used for?
(c) Machine guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the hypnotist at Princeton get Feynman to do?
2. Feynman thinks Princeton is an imitation _________.
3. Which idea of Feynman's did the government patent official tell him had already been taken?
4. To what does Feynman credit his desire to fix radios when he was just a boy?
5. In what year was Richard P. Feynman born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Feynman fix radios for people as a child?
2. Where does Feynman spend his first night in Ithaca as he begins his career as a professor?
3. What amusing thing does Feynman discover years after his work at the Metaplast Corporation?
4. What strategy for picking up women does Feynman learn from his friend Gloria?
5. What does Feynman learn from his experience with the painter?
6. What kind of work does Feynman do for the army?
7. What is Feynman's "fake Italian"?
8. What was Feynman's role in the Manhattan Project?
9. What are Feynman's experience with the field of biology?
10. What challenges does Feynman face in his undergraduate courses?
This section contains 1,540 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)