|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at MIT, Feynman annoys waitresses by leaving his tip in ________________.
(a) Upside down glasses full of water.
(b) The salt shaker.
(c) Full soup bowls.
(d) Old gum under the table.
2. What is the man from Japan that Feynman meets in a restaurant trying to sell?
(d) An Abacus.
3. What does Feynman's dog use to follow his scent around the house?
(d) Bare footprints.
4. Feynman's study of philosophy while at MIT causes him to do research on what?
5. Ever since high school, Feynman worries about being ____________.
(a) A brainiac.
(b) A nerd.
(c) An egghead.
(d) A sissy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Feynman has a great reputation for what with the math students at MIT and Princeton?
2. What does young Feynman put on his hands to do his fire trick?
3. What do the philosophy students keep repeating during a lunch lecture at Princeton?
4. How many students immediately volunteer to take part in the hypnotism demonstration at Princeton?
5. Which scientist was "topnotch" at calculating at Los Alamos?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Feynman's experience with hypnotism?
2. What is the result of the improvements to his job that young Feynman tries while working at his aunt's hotel?
3. What does Feynman mean when he says he is working with a "different box of tools" than the math students are?
4. What "party trick" does Feynman do with his ability to smell?
5. How does Feynman get a reputation as a "big spender" at a nightclub in New Mexico?
6. How does Feynman spend the money he makes giving weekend lectures in Buffalo?
7. Who teaches Feynman to use logic to solve math problems?
8. What amusing thing does Feynman discover years after his work at the Metaplast Corporation?
9. What happens when Feynman encounters a Japanese man who wants him to use an abacus to solve math problems?
10. What kind of work does Feynman do for the army?
This section contains 1,452 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)