|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which insect is Feynman the most interested in studying over the course of his life?
2. Feynman's study of philosophy while at MIT causes him to do research on what?
3. During a one-year sabbatical, what does Feynman work on in a biology lab?
4. How many students immediately volunteer to take part in the hypnotism demonstration at Princeton?
(a) Only Feynman.
5. What is the name of the town where Feynman was born?
(a) Far Rockaway.
(c) Rock Harbor.
(d) New York City.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what kind of project does an airline in California offer Feynman a position as director of its laboratory?
2. How many patents does Feynman "sell" to the US government?
3. What is a popular topic in the graduate lounge at Princeton?
4. What was the name of the bar Feynman frequents in Buffalo?
5. What is the name of the dance hall Feynman likes to go to during his freshman year at MIT?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Feynman encounters a Japanese man who wants him to use an abacus to solve math problems?
2. How does Feynman's name being on nuclear patents come back to haunt him in years later?
3. Why does Feynman get paid one dollar for ideas on nuclear energy?
4. What does young Feynman notice about paramecia when he looks at them under a microscope?
5. Why is Feynman rejected by the army draft board?
6. What does Feynman mean when he says he is working with a "different box of tools" than the math students are?
7. What "party trick" does Feynman do with his ability to smell?
8. What challenges does Feynman face in his undergraduate courses?
9. What is the purpose of the "Vitals" chapter?
10. How does Feynman get to perform with a samba during the Rio carnival?
This section contains 1,437 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)