|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Feynman's reaction when he is told he won the Nobel Prize?
(a) He throws up.
(b) He doesn't accept the prize.
(c) He dances around the room with his wife.
(d) He hangs up on the caller.
2. What year did Feynman give the "cargo cult" speech at a Caltech commencement?
3. After Feynman gives his lecture on Mayan culture, what does his friend Murray Gell-Mann give a lecture on weeks later?
(b) Russian culture.
4. Who designs the hotel where Feynman stays in Japan?
(a) Aldo Rossi.
(b) Fumihiko Maki.
(c) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(d) Albert Kahn.
5. In Feynman's opinion, the learning in Brazil relies too heavily on ______________.
6. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Feynman dislikes about Cornell?
(a) The weather.
(b) Cultural experiences.
(c) Small town.
(d) Talking to professors.
7. What would Feynman's landlady in Ithaca come to his apartment to listen to?
(a) Classical music.
(b) Feynman playing drums.
(c) Stories about Los Alamos.
(d) Feyman talking about art.
8. Feynman told the woman from Denmark after the Nobel dinner that they could talk about physics because everybody ___________.
(a) Knew a little about it.
(b) Knew nothing about it.
(c) Knew more about than they thought.
(d) Knew how to fake knowledge.
9. What board does a lawyer from Pasadena ask Feynman to join?
(a) National Curriculum Committee.
(b) California Textbook Initiative.
(c) State Curriculum Commission.
(d) State Board of Education.
10. What is the name of the document that gets Feynman interested in Mayan culture?
(a) Mayan Mathematics.
(b) Dresden Codex.
(d) Gautemalan Codex.
11. What university is Baba Ram Das from?
12. Who does Feynman get into a discussion with about the ethics of education?
(a) A Jesuit priest.
(b) A historian.
(c) A rabbi.
(d) An international lawyer.
13. What kind of music do Ralph Leighton and Feynman play together?
14. What does Feynman believe is not truly being taught in Brazil?
15. What almost causes Feynman to go back to Cornell after being at Caltech?
(c) Rent prices.
(d) A woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the reporter from Time magazine tell Feynman about the Nobel?
2. What is the first document Feynman has to sign for the city college?
3. What is the topic of the conference at the University of North Carolina that Feynman attends?
4. What does Feynman try to teach his friend Jirayr Zorthian?
5. What does Nick the Greek use to win his bets?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)