|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Feynman solve his dilemma at the airport when he goes to the conference at the University of North Carolina?
(a) He does card tricks for money.
(b) He describes the conference goers.
(c) He goes to a bar to have a good time.
(d) He buys what he needs at the airport gift shop.
2. What is the first document Feynman has to sign for the city college?
(a) Loyalty to the government.
(b) Validating is professor status.
(c) Release form from the city.
(d) The check.
3. What is the name of the publisher that made a series of Feynman's physics lectures into books?
(a) Norton Paperback.
(b) Random House.
(c) Harcourt Press.
(d) Addison-Wesley Company.
4. What problem does Feynman have with giving lectures after he wins the Nobel Prize?
(a) Physics students expecting favors.
(b) Too few people attending.
(c) Too many people attending.
(d) People wanting to know his secrets.
5. How many signatures does Feynman get to before he gives the lecture at the city college?
6. Where does Feynman want to stay while in Japan?
(a) A Japanese-style hotel.
(b) A European-style hotel.
(c) A luxurious resort.
(d) A private home.
7. By the end of the book, Feynman has concluded that it is not a ____________ world.
8. Where doesFeynman give lectures every Wednesday?
(a) Putnam Investments.
(c) Hughes Aircraft Company.
(d) Padadena Public Library.
9. What number in the Mayan document does Feynman come across again and again?
10. What is the topic of the conference Feynman attends in New York to give a younger perspective on some position papers?
(a) The ethics of equality.
(b) The science of ethical morality.
(c) The morality of science.
(d) The ethics of philiosophy.
11. Where does Feynman go to try the hot baths?
(a) Hot Springs.
(b) Eureka Springs.
12. What special ceremony did the students in Sweden have for the Nobel Prize winner?
(a) Queen's Prize.
(b) Order of the Pig.
(c) Order of the Frog.
(d) King's Prize.
13. What could Feynman draw in high school art class?
(b) Stacks of cubes.
(d) Pyramids in deserts.
14. What is Feynman always very careless about when he goes on a trip?
(b) Host information.
15. Who does Feynman have to write a report for about his time in Brazil?
(a) Physics Institute.
(b) Cornell University.
(c) Brazilian Academy of Science.
(d) State Department.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the things Feynman dislikes about Cornell?
2. Where is Feynman trying to get every summer when he usually gets stuck in Las Vegas?
3. Besides chatting with gamblers, who else does Feynman like to meet in Las Vegas?
4. Feynman says the conference he attends in New York to give a younger perspective on some position papers was worse than a _____________.
5. How long would Feynman spend in the sensory deprivation tank each session?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)