|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Feynman get his term "cargo cult"?
(c) South Seas.
2. What does Nick the Greek use to win his bets?
(c) The odds.
(d) Betting on the table.
3. It took a certain amount of ___________ for Feynman to turn down requests to advise the government in the early sixties.
4. The textbooks Feynman evaluates try to combine math with _____________.
(c) Practical applications.
5. What is the "disease" of the middle age that Feynman is afflicted with?
(a) Giving philosophical talks about science.
(b) Middle age spread.
(c) Race cars and fast women.
(d) Ethical ambiguity.
6. How does Feynman solve his dilemma at the airport when he goes to the conference at the University of North Carolina?
(a) He does card tricks for money.
(b) He describes the conference goers.
(c) He goes to a bar to have a good time.
(d) He buys what he needs at the airport gift shop.
7. Which scientist helps Feynman work out which way the difference goes in his new theory?
8. Why is Feynman invited to Washington, DC by the Secretary of the Army?
(a) To receive an award.
(b) To evaluate weapons.
(c) To explain the atomic bomb.
(d) For a top-secret meeting.
9. What is the topic of the conference Feynman attends in New York to give a younger perspective on some position papers?
(a) The ethics of equality.
(b) The ethics of philiosophy.
(c) The morality of science.
(d) The science of ethical morality.
10. What is the name of the publisher that made a series of Feynman's physics lectures into books?
(a) Harcourt Press.
(b) Norton Paperback.
(c) Addison-Wesley Company.
(d) Random House.
11. In Feynman's opinion, the learning in Brazil relies too heavily on ______________.
12. Feynman has a long fascination with hallucinations and _____________.
(a) Sense deprivation.
13. What does the reporter from Time magazine tell Feynman about the Nobel?
(a) He should give him exclusive interview rights.
(b) He should accept the prize.
(c) How he should act with the King of Sweden.
(d) It's a practical joke.
14. In what year does Feynman attend a conference at the University of North Carolina?
15. As a child, where does Feynman first learn about the Mayans?
(a) York County Fair.
(b) High School Science Fair.
(c) New York Museum of Natural History.
(d) New York World's Fair.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what topic does Feynman ask a question on behalf of Martin Block to the other top physicists?
2. What does Feynman discover was the boards biggest concern with the textbooks?
3. What is Feynman's reaction when he is told he won the Nobel Prize?
4. What is the name of the Chinese-speaking Caucasian at the Caltech house party?
5. Who does the dancer from the Flamingo tell Feynman she was?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)