|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Feynman trying to get every summer when he usually gets stuck in Las Vegas?
(a) San Francisco.
(d) Pacific Ocean.
2. What is Feynman trying to achieve in the sensory deprivation tank?
(a) Prove it to be a scam.
(b) Out-of-body experience.
(c) Total relaxation.
3. What is the name of the publisher that made a series of Feynman's physics lectures into books?
(a) Random House.
(b) Addison-Wesley Company.
(c) Harcourt Press.
(d) Norton Paperback.
4. What is the topic of the conference at the University of North Carolina that Feynman attends?
(d) Atomic bomb.
5. Where does Feynman spend his first year of teaching at Caltech?
(a) Las Vegas.
6. Where doesFeynman give lectures every Wednesday?
(a) Putnam Investments.
(b) Hughes Aircraft Company.
(c) Padadena Public Library.
7. Who does Feynman end up publishing a paper with about his new theory?
8. What is Feynman eager to try in Japan?
(a) Japanese food.
(b) Japanese bath.
(c) Bus system.
(d) School system.
9. What year did Feynman give the "cargo cult" speech at a Caltech commencement?
10. What causes Feynman to stay at Caltech?
(a) Higher salary.
(b) A woman.
(c) Nice weather.
(d) Scientific discoveries.
11. What kind of music do Ralph Leighton and Feynman play together?
12. What is the name of the host of the house party Feynman attends shorty after arriving at Caltech?
(a) Professor Baylor.
(b) Professor Baxter.
(c) Professor Bacher.
(d) Professor Bast.
13. Where does Feynman stay during the conference in New York to give a younger perspective on some position papers?
(a) Holiday Inn.
(b) Center for Law and Ethics.
(c) Hyatt Regency.
(d) Jewish Theological Seminary.
14. How long would Feynman spend in the sensory deprivation tank each session?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 5 hours.
(c) 1.5 hours.
(d) 2.5 hours.
15. How many signatures does Feynman get to before he gives the lecture at the city college?
Short Answer Questions
1. By the end of the book, Feynman has concluded that it is not a ____________ world.
2. Feynman told the woman from Denmark after the Nobel dinner that they could talk about physics because everybody ___________.
3. What would Feynman's landlady in Ithaca come to his apartment to listen to?
4. What almost causes Feynman to go back to Cornell after being at Caltech?
5. What board does a lawyer from Pasadena ask Feynman to join?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)