|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does the science teacher offer Feynman to give a lecture?
2. What number in the Mayan document does Feynman come across again and again?
3. What does Feynman try to teach his friend Jirayr Zorthian?
(b) Art history.
4. What special ceremony did the students in Sweden have for the Nobel Prize winner?
(a) King's Prize.
(b) Queen's Prize.
(c) Order of the Pig.
(d) Order of the Frog.
5. What problem does Feynman have with giving lectures after he wins the Nobel Prize?
(a) Too few people attending.
(b) Physics students expecting favors.
(c) Too many people attending.
(d) People wanting to know his secrets.
6. What is Feynman doing in the picture in the preface of the Feynman Lectures?
(a) Working in Los Alamos.
(c) Giving a lecture.
(d) Playing drums.
7. It took a certain amount of ___________ for Feynman to turn down requests to advise the government in the early sixties.
8. Who helps Feynman at the airport in North Carolina when he attends a conference at the university there?
(a) Taxi driver.
(b) Taxi dispatcher.
9. Who designs the hotel where Feynman stays in Japan?
(a) Albert Kahn.
(b) Frank Lloyd Wright.
(c) Fumihiko Maki.
(d) Aldo Rossi.
10. What university is Baba Ram Das from?
11. Who does Feynman want to sign the last document needed by the city college?
(a) The science teacher.
(c) The president.
(d) Mickey Mouse.
12. What could Feynman draw in high school art class?
(a) Stacks of cubes.
(d) Pyramids in deserts.
13. What is the name of the musician who gives Feynman lessons after they meet on the Sunset Strip?
(a) Mario Pietali.
(b) Hans Felder.
(c) Pierre Bon.
14. Feynman told the woman from Denmark after the Nobel dinner that they could talk about physics because everybody ___________.
(a) Knew nothing about it.
(b) Knew a little about it.
(c) Knew how to fake knowledge.
(d) Knew more about than they thought.
15. Where doesFeynman give lectures every Wednesday?
(a) Putnam Investments.
(b) Hughes Aircraft Company.
(d) Padadena Public Library.
Short Answer Questions
1. The textbooks Feynman evaluates try to combine math with _____________.
2. What is Feynman trying to achieve in the sensory deprivation tank?
3. What is Feynman going to give a lecture on in Kyoto?
4. What business was Feynman's father in?
5. Where does Feynman go to try the hot baths?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)