|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While working at his aunt's hotel, Feynman learned that _________ was a very difficult thing in the real world.
2. What color paint do Feynman and the professional painter argue about?
3. What does the Japanese salesman in Brazil challenge Feynman to do?
(a) Drink shots.
(b) Stand on his head.
(c) Quadratic equations.
(d) Cube roots.
4. What is the name of the girl from the nightclub in Albuquerque that eventually sleeps with Feynman?
5. What does Feynman use to do his first scent experiment with his wife in her hospital room?
(d) Coke bottles.
6. What equation does Feynman use to amaze the graduate mathematics students at Princeton?
(a) Sum of e.
(b) Series for e.
(c) Sum of x.
(d) Series for pi.
7. Which insect is Feynman the most interested in studying over the course of his life?
8. Feynman has a great reputation for what with the math students at MIT and Princeton?
9. Where does Feynman spend a summer working for the army?
(a) Washington, DC.
(b) New York City.
10. What do all the fathers at the Girl Scout father-daughter banquet talk about?
(a) Stock market.
(c) Their daughters.
11. According to Feynman, all __________ stopped during the war.
12. What theory does Feynman never work out, despite doing research on it for years?
(b) Atomic energy.
(c) Quantum theory of potentials.
(d) Gravitational interaction.
13. What Brazilian city is Feynman stuck in for a few days before he can get to Rio?
(b) Porto Neches.
14. What is the machine Feynman designs for the army intended to be used for?
(a) Machine guns.
15. What does Feynman let the TWA hostess order in the nightclub in Albuquerque when he was pretending to be drunk?
(a) Drinks on the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Ever since high school, Feynman worries about being ____________.
2. What does young Feynman put on his hands to do his fire trick?
3. What does Feynman's dog use to follow his scent around the house?
4. How many desserts does the pantry lady leave for Feynman each night when he works at his aunt's hotel?
5. During a one-year sabbatical, what does Feynman work on in a biology lab?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)