|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at MIT, Feynman annoys waitresses by leaving his tip in ________________.
(a) Old gum under the table.
(b) Full soup bowls.
(c) Upside down glasses full of water.
(d) The salt shaker.
2. What is the name of the dance hall Feynman likes to go to during his freshman year at MIT?
(a) Raymore and Saymore Ballroom.
(b) Raymour and Flannigan Dance Hall.
(c) Raymour and Playmore Ballroom.
(d) Playmour Dance Hall.
3. In what language does Feynman give his lecture in at the Brazilian Academy of Sciences?
4. What is the name of the scientist that Feynman worked for at General Electric after the war?
(a) Hans Bethe.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Bob Wilson.
(d) Frank Oppenheimer.
5. What product does the Metaplast Corporation make that eventually causes the company to close down?
(a) Plastic-coated pens.
(b) Plastic-coated cameras.
(c) Plastic cups.
(d) Mechanical pencils.
6. How much does Cornell University pay Feynman to do the lecture series in Buffalo?
(a) $35 each week.
(b) $45 total.
(c) $35 total.
(d) $45 each week.
7. Despite his degree in physics, Feynman works as what for the army during one summer?
(d) Mechanical engineer.
8. What method does Feynman use to "trick" people at Princeton into thinking he could do fast math?
(a) Addition method.
(b) Articulate methiod.
(c) Angles method.
(d) Approximate method.
9. What does Feynman do to entertain the girls at the Girl Scout father-daughter banquet?
(a) Sing an Italian opera.
(b) Recite Mary Had a Little Lamb.
(c) Dance the can-can.
(d) Recite a poem.
10. When Feynman starts at MIT, the fraternities have __________ to recruit pledges.
11. In what year does Feynman's wife Arlene die?
12. What is the name of the movie with a psychiatrist that Feynman thinks of during his army physical after the war?
(a) Rear Window.
(c) The Birds.
13. What does Feynman let the TWA hostess order in the nightclub in Albuquerque when he was pretending to be drunk?
(c) Drinks on the house.
14. What is the name of the women at the nightclub in Albuquerque that Feynman befriended?
15. What does Ms. Eisenhart think Feynman is joking about at the Princeton tea?
(a) Requesting a soda instead of tea.
(b) Having two lumps of sugar in his tea.
(c) Having cream and lemon in his tea.
(d) Asking for coffee instead of tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the singer at the nightclub in Albuquerque who introduces Feynman to girls?
2. What does Feynman discover about the study of biology?
3. What was the name of the bar Feynman frequents in Buffalo?
4. What does young Feynman put on his hands to do his fire trick?
5. What is the man from Japan that Feynman meets in a restaurant trying to sell?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)