|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at MIT, Feynman annoys waitresses by leaving his tip in ________________.
(a) Upside down glasses full of water.
(b) Old gum under the table.
(c) The salt shaker.
(d) Full soup bowls.
2. What equation does Feynman use to amaze the graduate mathematics students at Princeton?
(a) Sum of e.
(b) Sum of x.
(c) Series for pi.
(d) Series for e.
3. What object does Feynman's friend Paul at Princeton get him to walk around trying to figure out how to use it without pain for two weeks?
(a) Measuring tape.
4. How much does Feynman have to pay for what the TWA hostess orders in the nightclub in Albuquerque?
(a) Six dollars.
(c) Sixteen dollars.
(d) A hundred dollars.
5. What is Feynman's salary at Cornell?
6. Where are the top secret papers first kept at Los Alamos?
(a) Bank safe.
(d) Filing cabinets.
7. In what language does Feynman give his lecture in at the Brazilian Academy of Sciences?
8. What Brazilian city is Feynman stuck in for a few days before he can get to Rio?
(b) Porto Neches.
9. Which language class does Feynman almost take because there was a pretty blond walking into it?
10. How many patents does Feynman "sell" to the US government?
11. What does Ms. Eisenhart think Feynman is joking about at the Princeton tea?
(a) Requesting a soda instead of tea.
(b) Having two lumps of sugar in his tea.
(c) Asking for coffee instead of tea.
(d) Having cream and lemon in his tea.
12. What does young Feynman put on his hands to do his fire trick?
(d) Lighter fluid.
13. What does Feynman spend his dollar on that he received for selling his government patent?
14. How much does Cornell University pay Feynman to do the lecture series in Buffalo?
(a) $45 each week.
(b) $45 total.
(c) $35 total.
(d) $35 each week.
15. Who is the head of Feynman's department at Cornell?
(a) Hans Bethe.
(b) Professor Lowell.
(c) Professor Gibbs.
(d) Bob Wilson.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many students immediately volunteer to take part in the hypnotism demonstration at Princeton?
2. What does Feynman take for one of his humanities credits at MIT?
3. What is needed to make the patent documents legal for the government?
4. What does Feynman discover about the study of biology?
5. What is the topic of the lecture Feynman is invited to give at the Brazilian Academy of Sciences?
This section contains 444 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)