|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Feynman asked to give a series of lectures in Buffalo?
(a) An aeronautics laboratory.
(b) Robinson Airlines.
(c) Mohawk Airlines.
(d) A physics laboratory.
2. Who tutored Feynman's father as a child?
(a) A mathematician.
(b) A magician.
(c) A mindreader.
(d) A hypnotists.
3. What does Feynman do to entertain the girls at the Girl Scout father-daughter banquet?
(a) Recite a poem.
(b) Dance the can-can.
(c) Sing an Italian opera.
(d) Recite Mary Had a Little Lamb.
4. What do all the fathers at the Girl Scout father-daughter banquet talk about?
(b) Their daughters.
(d) Stock market.
5. What does Feynman let the TWA hostess order in the nightclub in Albuquerque when he was pretending to be drunk?
(b) Drinks on the house.
6. What is the name of the women at the nightclub in Albuquerque that Feynman befriended?
7. What does Feynman learn signaled a social mistake at Princeton?
(c) Surely you're joking!
8. To what does Feynman credit his desire to fix radios when he was just a boy?
(a) His great mechanical skill.
(b) His parent's encouragement.
(c) His excessive intelligence.
(d) His puzzle drive.
9. What is needed to make the patent documents legal for the government?
(a) A signature.
(b) An exchange of money.
(c) An official seal.
(d) Approval from Congress.
10. Who is the women at the nightclub in Albuquerque that Feynman befriends married to?
(a) The bouncer.
(b) The master-of-ceremonies.
(c) The bartender.
(d) The owner.
11. Where does Feynman spend a summer working for the army?
(b) Washington, DC.
(c) New York City.
12. What equation does Feynman use to amaze the graduate mathematics students at Princeton?
(a) Series for e.
(b) Sum of x.
(c) Series for pi.
(d) Sum of e.
13. How does Feynman combat his nervousness while giving his first technical lecture to famous scientists?
(a) He takes two aspirins and a coke.
(b) He drinks a shot.
(c) He uses hypnosis.
(d) He focuses on the physics.
14. Why is Feynman deferred from the army again after the war?
(a) He is teaching.
(b) Physical limitations.
(c) He is working on the bomb.
(d) Medical reasons.
15. What does Ms. Eisenhart think Feynman is joking about at the Princeton tea?
(a) Requesting a soda instead of tea.
(b) Having two lumps of sugar in his tea.
(c) Having cream and lemon in his tea.
(d) Asking for coffee instead of tea.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Japanese salesman in Brazil challenge Feynman to do?
2. What does Feynman get the philosophy students at Princeton to argue about?
3. Who first gets Feynman interested in South America?
4. According to Feynman, all __________ stopped during the war.
5. What does Feynman's dog use to follow his scent around the house?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)