|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Harpo Scruggs own a ranch?
2. What kind of car does Guidry own?
3. How does Anthony die in this section?
4. What does Glazier refer to Jack Flynn as in this section?
5. What city does Clete Purcel live in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Ricky Scarlotti hire Scruggs?
2. What is the story Robicheaux tells about a young black boy in Mississippi?
3. How does Alex Guidry die in this section?
4. Describe the meeting between Scruggs and Robicheaux in Chapter 29.
5. What does Guidry tell Robicheaux on the telephone in Chapter 26?
6. What happens to Ricky Scarlotti at the end of this section?
7. Why does Lila feel guilty about her cousin's murder?
8. Why does Robicheaux think Scuggs killed Boxleiter?
9. What does Robicheaux find out from Scruggs when he questions him?
10. Describe the character of Rodney Loudermilk.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the Terrebonne and why do they have such a prominent position in society? Why is it important for Robicheaux to find out about the family? What new light does the information he finds about the family shed on the case?
Essay Topic 2
Away from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss his or her goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)