|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Glazier refer to Jack Flynn as in this section?
2. Why was Holtzner kicked out of Vietnam during the war?
3. What was Jack Flynn beaten with before he was crucified?
4. What does Ruby say her friend Connie does for a living?
5. Who phones Robicheaux at the end of Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Ruby help Robicheaux in this section?
2. Describe the photographs Robicheaux finds in the glass jar.
3. What happens to Ricky Scarlotti at the end of this section?
4. Describe the character of Rodney Loudermilk.
5. Why did Ricky Scarlotti hire Scruggs?
6. Describe the meeting between Lila, Archer and Robicheaux in Chapter 29.
7. How does Purcel beat up up Scarlotti and his men?
8. What does Robicheaux find out about Ida's body in this section?
9. What does Robicheaux find out from Scruggs when he questions him?
10. What does Lila tell Robicheaux about the two brothers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why is Purcel so important to Robicheaux? How would Robicheaux have coped without there to help him?
Essay Topic 2
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Robicheax's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Robicheaux hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Robicheaux ideas about life?
3. How has Robicheaux's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)