|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Cool Breeze sell the Giaconos?
2. Where do Robicheaux and Purcel look for Scruggs?
3. Where does Robicheaux meet Glazier in this section?
4. Where does Mout' Broussard find Alex Guidry in this section?
5. In which country is Raton a city?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the photographs Robicheaux finds in the glass jar.
2. Why did Ricky Scarlotti hire Scruggs?
3. Why does Lila feel guilty about her cousin's murder?
4. What does Robicheaux see on the movie set that is suspicious?
5. Why do the two detectives say they want to arrest Breeze?
6. Describe the character of Rodney Loudermilk.
7. Describe the meeting between Scruggs and Robicheaux in Chapter 29.
8. Why does Robicheaux think Scuggs killed Boxleiter?
9. What does Robicheaux find suspicious about the photograph he finds in Chapter 23?
10. What does Boxleiter tell Robicheaux about Flynn's murder in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motives for the deaths of one of the following characters.
1. Anthony Powell.
2. Lila Terrebonne.
3. Jack Flynn.
4. The two brothers.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the story have so many characters? What are the advantages and disadvantages of having so many characters in a novel?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)