|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the man who terrorized Father Mulcahy currently?
2. Who does Robicheaux talk about tarot card to in this section?
3. Why was Holtzner kicked out of Vietnam during the war?
4. What was the cast-iron skillet that hurt Benny Grogan filled with?
5. Who fires the shot that kills Guidry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lila tell Robicheaux about the two brothers?
2. What does Robicheaux see on the movie set that is suspicious?
3. Describe the photographs Robicheaux finds in the glass jar.
4. What does Robicheaux find suspicious about the photograph he finds in Chapter 23?
5. How does Alex Guidry die in this section?
6. What does Robicheaux think of Megan Flynn's photographs?
7. Why do the two detectives say they want to arrest Breeze?
8. Describe the meeting between Scruggs and Robicheaux in Chapter 29.
9. Why does Lila feel guilty about her cousin's murder?
10. Describe the character of Rodney Loudermilk.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What involvement do the Chinese Triads have in the story? How does their involvement tie in with the central ideas of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the Terrebonne and why do they have such a prominent position in society? Why is it important for Robicheaux to find out about the family? What new light does the information he finds about the family shed on the case?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of family life does Robicheaux have? How is the different to the family lives of other fictional detectives? In what way does Robicheaux's family life have a positive affect on his life and work?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)