|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had Alex Guidry been charged with shooting?
2. Who did Robicheaux contact about Guidry's dogs?
3. Who does Megan believe the Hanged Man is in reference to?
4. What does Cisco say is Billy's problem?
5. How is Mout' Broussard related to Cool Breeze?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Maddux say he knows about Harpo Scruggs?
2. Why does Megan Flynn get so upset about the Hanged Man card in this section?
3. What does Robicheaux find out about the Terrabonne family in this section?
4. What does Cool Breeze tell Robicheaux about the two brother's murders in Chapter 10?
5. Why does the Clerk contact the authorities about the man who comes into his shop to buy a gun?
6. What does Glazier think about Megan Flynn?
7. What trouble does Robicheaux say Cool Breeze is in in this section?
8. What photograph of Flynns does Robicheaux see in this section?
9. What childhood memory does Robicheaux recall in Chapter 1?
10. How did Cool Breeze escape from prison?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who are the Terrebonne and why do they have such a prominent position in society? Why is it important for Robicheaux to find out about the family? What new light does the information he finds about the family shed on the case?
Essay Topic 2
What does it say about Harpo's role in the murders that he feels so guilty and eventually murders himself?How does Harpo's guilt tie in with the novel's overall theme of power?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Robicheax's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Robicheaux hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Robicheaux ideas about life?
3. How has Robicheaux's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)