|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the sky becomes as white as?
2. What kind of tarot card does Robicheaux ask Megan about?
3. How does Purcel hurt Jimmy Fig in this section?
4. Who does Mulcahy say refuses to leave his church?
5. What is the name of Mout' Brossard's dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Megan Flynn get so upset about the Hanged Man card in this section?
2. Why does Robicheaux think the FBI are using Cool Breeze?
3. What does Robichezus learn about Jimmy Fir in Chapter 11?
4. What problems is Lila Trombonne causing in Chapter 10?
5. How did the two brothers eventually die?
6. Why did Sunshine drop the charges of rape against the two brothers?
7. Why happened to Elijah's slave Lavonia?
8. Why is Mulchaly confused about the term break the seal?
9. What does Cobb tell Robicheaux about Harpo Scruggs?
10. What does Glazier think about Megan Flynn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
Who are the Terrebonne and why do they have such a prominent position in society? Why is it important for Robicheaux to find out about the family? What new light does the information he finds about the family shed on the case?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following characters and examine their character background. How does the author express how characters background in the story?
1. Megan Flynn.
2. Ricky Scarlotti.
3. Chete Purcell.
4. Lila Terrabonne.
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)