|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the sky becomes as white as?
2. What did a man caution Mulcahy not to do?
3. Where was Alafair born?
4. Who does Lila Terrobonne pull a gun on in a bar?
5. What drug does the narrator think Geraldine is addicted to?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Robicheaux find out about the Terrabonne family in this section?
2. What does Robichezus learn about Jimmy Fir in Chapter 11?
3. Why does Megan Flynn get so upset about the Hanged Man card in this section?
4. What does Cool Breeze tell Robicheaux about the two brother's murders in Chapter 10?
5. What does Geri tell Robicheaux about Cisco Flynn?
6. What has Purcel found out about the Giacono family?
7. How do the two white men pester Mout' in Chapter 9?
8. How did the two brothers eventually die?
9. Why does the Clerk contact the authorities about the man who comes into his shop to buy a gun?
10. What photograph of Flynns does Robicheaux see in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
What involvement do the Chinese Triads have in the story? How does their involvement tie in with the central ideas of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How does Robicheaux solve the case in the novel? What mistakes did he make along the way? Could he have solved the case any quicker?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)