|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the narrator rescue his adopted daughter from?
2. Who does Mulcahy say refuses to leave his church?
3. Who does Lila Terrobonne pull a gun on in a bar?
4. Where did Harpo Scruggs work as a prison guard?
5. Where was Alafair born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is Lila Trombonne causing in Chapter 10?
2. How does Cool Breeze know Jimmy Fig?
3. What childhood memory does Robicheaux recall in Chapter 1?
4. How did Cool Breeze escape from prison?
5. What has Purcel found out about the Giacono family?
6. What does Maddux say he knows about Harpo Scruggs?
7. What does Glazier think about Megan Flynn?
8. How does Cool Breeze say things started to go downhill for Ida?
9. What does Robichezus learn about Jimmy Fir in Chapter 11?
10. What does Geri tell Robicheaux about Cisco Flynn?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What involvement do the Chinese Triads have in the story? How does their involvement tie in with the central ideas of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author decide to leave most of the issues in the novel unresolved? What affect does it have on the the story's tone?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Robicheax's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to the he is at the end.
1. What did Robicheaux hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2. What events changes Robicheaux ideas about life?
3. How has Robicheaux's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)