Chapters 1 - 7
• Dave Robicheaux remembers seeing a man called Jack Flynn, a labor union organizer, nailed to a barn wall. His daughter, photo journalist, called Megan has come back to New Iberia and is asking questions about a man called Cool Breeze.
• Robicheaux visits Cool Breeze in jail. Breeze tells him that he is in jail for selling stolen VCRs, a job he was doing for the Giacona crime family.
• Robicheaux visits Alex Guidry, a prison guard Cool Breeze has accused of assaulting him. Guidry tells Robicheaux that Breeze is lying.
• Robicheaux returns to the Sheriff's Department where he meets Special Agent Adrien Glazier who has come as part of the Broussard's investigation.
• The sheriff tells Robicheaux how a seventeen-year-old black girl had three months earlier excused two white men of raping her. The case was thrown out of court when the girl admitted that she had been...
This section contains 1,716 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)