|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Angela Rossi go to see Elvis at his home?
2. Who does Cole believe is the mastermind behind Rossi's set up?
3. What does Sherman say is the reason people commit crimes?
4. What do Elvis and the old man talk about after Elvis drops off Lucy and Ben at the airport?
5. Who does Elvis discover called Mrs. Earle before her disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What evidence does Elvis present to Anna Sherman about Green and how does she respond?
2. Where is Mrs. Earle and Mr. Lawrence when Joe, Elvis, and Angela Rossi arrive at Mr. Lawrence's house?
3. Why does Elvis take a picture of the Mercedes Benz that drives by Mrs. Earle's house?
4. What does Elvis want Lucas Worely to do to help him prove Jonathan Green fabricated evidence?
5. When Joe and Elvis go to the Thai restaurant, what does Elvis reveal about who he thinks is behind the Teddy Martin cover up?
6. Describe the circumstances surrounding James Lester's death.
7. Why do Angela Rossi and Joe Pike go to see Elvis at his home?
8. What does Jonna tell Elvis and Joe about the man at the Mayfair market?
9. What does Lucy discover in the contract between Green and Martin, to suggest that Teddy is going to run away?
10. Why do Elvis and Anna Sherman meet privately after talking in the restaurant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a theme from the book (greed, power, money, conspiracy, etc.) and write an essay that explains how this theme relates to the plot. Identify characters and their actions that exemplify this theme as well as how it connections to the murder investigation of Susan Martin. Provide text evidence from throughout the book that explains how this theme relates to the plot and characters.
Essay Topic 2
Describe the relationship between Jonna and James Lester. In your essay, provide text evidence describing both Jonna and James Lester individually and their treatment of the other person. Explain the role this relationship has in the Teddy Martin murder case.
Essay Topic 3
How does the character, Jonathan Green, change from the beginning of the book to the end? In your essay, explain Green's actions in the beginning, middle, and end of the story. Also identify those characters most affected by the development of this character.
This section contains 1,407 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)