|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What brand of champagne does Elvis get for a romantic night with Lucy?
2. Who does Elvis recognize from Green's party when he, Joe, and Rossi are pursuing Kerris?
3. Who called LeCederick right before Rossi and Elvis' visit?
4. What does Green reveal to the news about Langolier and Truly?
5. Who does Elvis discover called Mrs. Earle before her disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is LeCederick worried for his mother's safety?
2. Describe the circumstances surrounding James Lester's death.
3. Who is Mrs. Harris and what does she tell Elvis about Mrs. Earle?
4. Why do Angela Rossi and Joe Pike go to see Elvis at his home?
5. Why do Elvis and Anna Sherman meet privately after talking in the restaurant?
6. What does Elvis' friend in the coroner office tell him about James Lester's death?
7. Who is Ray Depente?
8. What does the contract between Martin and Green state?
9. When Joe and Elvis go to the Thai restaurant, what does Elvis reveal about who he thinks is behind the Teddy Martin cover up?
10. How do Elvis, Joe, and Ray convince Lucas Worely to help them?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose a theme from the book (greed, power, money, conspiracy, etc.) and write an essay that explains how this theme relates to the plot. Identify characters and their actions that exemplify this theme as well as how it connections to the murder investigation of Susan Martin. Provide text evidence from throughout the book that explains how this theme relates to the plot and characters.
Essay Topic 2
What role does the media play in this story? Write an essay that explains who manipulates the media and how. Additionally, use text evidence from the beginning, middle, and end of the book to demonstrate how the media affected the outcome of the Susan Martin case.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the relationship between Elvis Cole and Jonathan Green. How has this relationship changed from the beginning of the book until the end of the book? In what ways do individual characters traits and actions affect their relationship? Identify the catalyst event(s) that changed the direction of this relationship.
This section contains 1,368 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)